CHAPTER 6: General Crysanthemum

Chuuya looked through the car's backseat window, nervously tapping his fingers on his lap while thinking about what awaited him. He'd have to dress and act like a girl in front of everyone and Dazai... Would they have to kiss??? God, hope not! But it was a romantic movie so... Never mind! Let's not torture our poor sweetheart with this. 

They parked in front of a luxurious skyscraper; that'd be the filming set where they'd film most of the indoor scenes. The chauffeur opened Chuuya's door and he exited with prudence. Immediately he was assaulted by camera men, interviewers and fans who had gathered there at the announcement of the new project. Dazai, the hottest man in the world, and Chuuya, another dazzling beauty, would be working together for the first time! And not only that, I'd be a ROMANCE!!! People were more interested in seeing both actors kiss each other rather than the plot of the movie.

Chuuya and his team had arrived first so there he was waiting in one of the upper floors, looking now through the huge windows that served as the outer walls of the building. Many more fans had gathered now that Dazai would come. 

Surely enough, a red sportscar parked nearby and from it exited the tall bandaged young man who had conquered everyone's heart. Chuuya would deny it of course, but even he could feel his heart skip a beat as the superstar walked through the crazed fans and interviewers. 

He wore a white wool scarf along with his iconic tortilla trench coat. His fashionable sunglasses hid his beautiful orbs from view but our ginger boy would be one of the lucky few to be able to contemplate them soon.

The brunette looked up and their eyes -well, blue eyes and dark sunglasses- met. The short one felt a little bit insecure. Would he still be mad for what he had done? Still, he had insulted him straight in the face so his actions had been justified.

-Hey, don't be so nervous. Everyone loves him but honestly, you're no less than him. – Yosano had noticed how Chuuya had started getting nervous at Dazai's appearance but to be fair, Chuuya wasn't stressed because of his talents. He was anxious because they'd meet again. How should he act? And why the heck was he thinking so much about it? He shouldn't care one bit!

-Ooooohhh did the princess miss her knight? –

Chuuya quickly recognised that stupid voice and scowled, not taking time to meditate his answer:

-Talking 'bout yourself, jackass? -

Dazai simply laughed and Chuuya's cheeks turned pink. Their greeting was interrupted by Dazai's agent who introduced himself to the wine addict and his team.

-Hello, my name is Ougai Mori. You must be Chuuya Nakahara. It's a pleasure to make business with you. Rumours have spread like the plague and we wouldn't want such a formidable actor like yourself drifting away, now, would we? –

Chuuya frowned but took the man's hand anyway. His first impression of him was terrible and that individual reeked of malice. Nonetheless, if Dazai was okay working with him, then so would he. I mean, not like he trusted Dazai or anything but yeah, let's stop talking.

The introductions lasted some more and Chuuya let himself wander to the image of his enemy: he always looked so perfect and mature. Yosano and Kouyou had already fallen for his sense of humour and the God on Earth was pleased of making them laugh. 

More actors and fellow co-workers came until everyone in the project was there. Afterwards, they went to a room with chairs placed in a circle. Each actor sat on a chair, Dazai scurrying to Chuuya's side. When the redhead voiced his suspicion, the other claimed that as co-protagonists, I'd be better to work closely.

-Just to get to know each other, ya' know? – Dazai said.

-Whatever... -

The meeting wasn't anything special. As it always happened when being presented with a new project, the directing team explained the story in detail, the characters, and the organization and responsibilities of each person. To sum it up, boring shit. 

 Chuuya knew he was distracted, especially when he felt something touching his leg. C'mon man, stop it, stop it! He pinched Dazai's hand hard and the other one finally stopped although it didn't take long for the mischievous idiot to start rubbing his leg against the short one's in a playful manner. 

The teasing continued until Chuuya felt fingers tickling his lower back, precisely in a place that was sensitive for him, even when Dazai's touching had in no way been sexual. The redhead felt like dying on the spot when he felt his temperature rising and something in him sparking to life. Oh no. He excused himself in a rush and left.

Once in the restroom he washed his reddened face and waited until his "issue" was solved. He'd have to do something to prevent this from repeating itself. And talking about that, why the hell had THIS happened? Why had he felt so "weird" when being provoked by his archenemy? He was not gay, never had been.

He returned when he was fully recovered but the meeting had already ended. Chuuya guessed everyone would be moving to their bedrooms. Yes, since this'd be a long project and workers lived far away from this city, they'd be installed in these facilities for as long as it took to finish filming. 

It wasn't anything new: some cramped up single rooms with a small bed, a drawer, a wardrobe on the wall and that's it. Restrooms and showers were usually of public use in another area.

Chuuya met with Yosano, who had already asked for the key to his room. She handed it to him and gave him the instructions to get there. She then left to the other wing, where the female staff were. Our boy searched for his room and finally found it. He used the key to open the door and closed it behind him. 

Distractedly, he then automatically went to the first tiny bed he spotted and started unpacking. This bed was thick and big. It would surely keep him warm at night. The covers were made of heavy wool, like the ones in rural housing. Very nice, very nice.

Chuuya was so drained that he jumped to rest on top of the covers but he froze when he crashed into bones and flesh and heard a muffled "ouch, more please" underneath the covers. He took them off and his factions contorted at the sight of a brown-haired fucker who was smirking knowingly with a flushed face. Dumbfounded, Chuuya looked around and found another bed on the other side of the small bedroom that was supposed to be his.

-Look, Slug, we're roommates! –

Okay another filler chapter here. I'm writing some tame chapters in between more intense ones to decompress the amount of stress they might provoke. Don't worry though, more drama will be coming soon!