"Watch it." Macy appeared in the doorway, her eyes narrowed into a glare. The corridor went cold as her children paused. "There's a kid in this house. You may be adults but I will sit you all on the naughty step, so help me god."

"Yes mom."

"Sure thing."

"Of course. Very sorry." The trio hurried after her, laying the table and staying out of her way as Macy fussed over the food.

"Hi grandma." Luke appeared in the doorway, his curls damp and in clean clothes.

"Luke." Macy beamed, wrapping the twelve year old into a tight hug. "You've grown!"

"Oh yeah, Ma thinks I'm having another growth spurt." Luke nodded his head, grinning slightly as Macy hummed.

"I think so too. Everyone in this family has a growth spurt at age twelve." Macy patted his cheek, before going to scare Bradley away from the unattended food.

"You alright?" Eden appeared beside him, ruffling at his damp curls.

"Yeah, my muscles hurt though." Luke shrugged. "What's for dinner?"

"I haven't actually asked." Eden turned around, catching sight of Jasper's threat, made in sign language, and lifting her middle finger up at him. "But you could ask her. Give me a second."

Luke nodded, walking off after his grandmother, before turning at a quiet scream. His eyebrows furrowed as he saw Eden sprinting off down the hall, followed by Orion, with Jasper no where in sight.

"Should you-" He turned to his grandmother, who raised one eyebrow and then rolled her eyes. "What's for dinner?"

"Food."

"Hilarious." Luke muttered, annoyed that no one was telling him what he was eating. "What food?"

"Nourishing food." Macy shot him a teasing grin as Luke huffed and scrunched his nose. "I'm joking. It's spaghetti and meatballs, but Grandpa's family recipe."

"What makes it different?"

"It has a secret ingredient."

"What is it?" Luke asked, as Jasper sprinted past the island and threw open the back doors, rushing outside. Bradley, Eden and Orion followed afterwards, cackling loudly. "Is that-"

"Completely normal my dear." Macy added some more spice to the sauce, a peaceful smile on her face despite the screams from outside of the house. Luke narrowed his eyes, "and it wouldn't be a secret ingredient if I went and told you now, would it? Even Grandpa doesn't. I found out from his mother on our wedding day."

"That's cool though, to get that from your family." Luke grinned, sitting on the countertop. "All I get from mine is traumatic experiences."

"Well, that sometimes is the way of it." Macy replied, handing Luke the spoon so that he could taste the sauce. "Good?"

"Yes." Luke grinned, going for more but the spoon was taken away as Macy hummed. "What are they doing?"

"Who knows? Probably attempting to kill each other." Macy rolled her eyes. "They haven't got any knives yet so no need to intervene."

Luke shot her a concerned look, causing Macy to laugh and pat his head.

"Don't worry. Likelihood is they're just looking for blackmail material on each other. Jasper got a new girlfriend over the last two weeks and Eden and Orion are both trying to get him back for last Thanksgiving."

"What did he do last Thanksgiving?"

"Your mother would never forgive me if I told you." Macy winked. "All I can say is the turkey ended up frozen in an ice rink, Eden's grandfather has a minor heart attack and if I ever see a microwave and a handcuff anywhere near Orion, I might start laughing."

Luke was left more confused than when he first asked.

"Uhh-"

"Ask your mother." Macy promised, turning the timer off as she began to pull plates from a cupboard. "I'm sure this Thanksgiving will be just as memorable as the last."

"Why's that?"

"Well, each Thanksgiving, the siblings all have one chance to prank each other. Last year, Orion but vegetables in all of his siblings beds and Eden once had Clara's name legally changed." Macy rolled her eyes. "I think this one will be just as fun."

"Do I get to join in?" Luke's eyes lit up and Macy turned, watching a smirk form on Luke's face.

"If you're up for getting pranked, then by all means, do. Whoever has the best prank, gets first dibs on the food for Thanksgiving and Christmas." Macy pinched his cheeks, before opening her handbag and grabbing a whistle. She stood in the doorway of the backyard, before blowing it and throwing the door open, shouting for the others to get their food. What she could not see was the large grin forming on Luke's face as plans began to form in his head.

If there was no limit, then Luke was going to have fun. A lot of fun.

☾☼☽

Hiya,

It's been a while. I've had a stressful past five weeks unfortunately, but I'm about to go into my Easter holidays so am able to update more. I just love Eden and her siblings, plus Macy is so much fun.

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx