EIGHTEEN || A5C4C2C3J5A5A5F4

Start from the beginning

The idea was that all the clues would lead Jungkook to the bench and he would dig out the little spot to be able to find them both. A code he would recite to any member from Jewels and they'd let him in easily.

Taehyung peers harder and brushes his fingers on the X, smiling at how Yoongi called the idea childish. It does seem like one out of a fairytale.

Taehyung uses his index finger to dig away the dirt, breath hitching at how nice the dirt feels around his finger.

"You know that's not for you."

Taehyung jumps, his head hitting the bench. "Shit!" He quickly turns around, sitting on his butt, staring up at the person who snuck up on him, eyes wide.

But soon the shock turns to surprise.

White rimmed glasses perched atop his nose, shoulder length blue hair tied up in a ponytail, hands tucked deep in his jacket's pockets and a soft smile on his face, stands a dead man.

"Y-yoongi?"

———————

Yeonjun closes the cell door behind him and hurriedly advances towards Soobin cuffed to the wall, "Soobin?"

"What?" Soobin lifts his head, his eyes blindfolded. "Who—?"

Yoenjun pulls his blindfold off, "It's me!"

"What do you want?"

Yeonjun leans closer. "The camera is on loop for now and I need to get this over with before someone notices. Why the fuck did Suga send you?"

Soobin blinks, "To call off the supposed war?'

"So, there's legitimately no war between Jewels and August?"

"No."

"That really was a silly mistake?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, thank God."

"I swear, if you just lied to me—"

"I didn't."

"If Vante gets hurt because of you," Yeonjun growls, inching closer to Soobin. "I will cut your head off and deliver it to your sister myself."

Soobin presses his back against the wall, nodding, fear striking through his posture.

"Good."

Yeonjun storms out of the cell just as he came in.

And forgets to tie the blindfold back around Soobin's head.

———————

Yoongi takes a seat on one side of the bench, "So, how's it been?"

Taehyung stares at him, mouth hung open and dirt still stuck to his finger, "You're supposed to be dead."

Yoongi chuckles, "Faked it well, didn't I?"

"Faked?"

"Yeah, I had to go into hiding once word got out I was hanging with you personally."

"From whom?'

"Literally all your enemies."

"August?"

"Them especially," Yoongi nods, stretching his arm across the headrest, sitting back. He crosses his leg, placing his right foot atop his left knee. "Since I wanted to live in Korea."

"You didn't tell them anything?"

"Why would I?" Yoongi frowns. "I told you I loved you. Would never even dream of hurting you."