Viridescent Martyr

Viridescent Martyr 🥀

The world looks glorious in the snow

The world looks glorious in the snow. Pure white, like the light of the moon. It supposes to be her last mission in this freezing Tishyna land. Still, here she is, letting her curiosity get the best of her. She can't just ignore all the hints that she got. Not when it involves her true identity. If not because of her curiosity, she might layin on a warm bed in some random tavern instead of being covered by heavy snow from the stormy mountain. Who knows, she will step into the Iridescent Holy Chamber again after 10 years. This is where the 'Viridescent Crown' suppose to be kept.

"How can this cruel place look as pure as the driven snow?" She mumbled to herself.

" A perfect backdrop for bloodshed, isn't it ?"

" Really? " she snarled in disbelief. She can feel the cold tip of a blade touching her nape.

"You've already fulfilled your task as intelligence, so why do you still linger here? haven't you already seen enough trouble?"

"Have I ?" she asked as she calmly turned her back.

"They said keep your comrade close but your enemy closer, so where, my dear Lady Irene, should I keep you?"

The long silence was broken by her soft mumbles, "I- wonder..........."

"If you with the Zlatan (The Golden; the royal), I can guarantee you would be entitled to a generous reward from the Tzar, the sun of Tishyna himself. But now, you're nothing but dross- and you're in my way."

She raised her eyebrows as she slowly turned her back. "Look like I was just in time then."

"Hmm, where should I start? Well, I've never been one to beat around the bush, you know. But who could have possibly guessed that Her Excellency the martyr would mysteriously perish the very moment I arrive in Tishyna and that the 'Viridescent Crown' would subsequently be hidden away?"

"If it weren't for that lovely scheme you put together, it would have taken me a lot longer to get the information I needed." He continues.

Stopping the gold mints, hiding away the crown ....... hahahahaha, the Krasny (The Red; the 'traitors') is pulling all out this time.

"So you're planning to take the crown from the Iridescent Holy Chamber all along ?" She, of course, expected this from the start. But she couldn't deny deep down, she hoped this man was worth her trust. After she ran away ten years ago and erased her face from everyone's memory, she had a problem trusting people. Still, his loyalty to the kingdom might gain him her trust. Just like him, she just desperately trying to protect the kingdom.

"As the loyal dark knight of Zlatan, it's my duty to see the will of the Tzar fulfilled. The Zlatan will get what they desire," he whispers under his breath as he brings himself closer to her.