Magic Shop

Magic shop 🪄

Wendy is the perfect girl, everyone thought she was

Wendy is the perfect girl, everyone thought she was. But the truth is she's just an obedient girl who doesn't know how to let out her negative emotions. Or, to be precise, she doesn't know how to handle them. Of course, she has a few friends that she trusts, but she can't bring herself to worry them with her little problem. Contrary to popular belief, she is actually an introvert. She is not comfortable sharing her emotions. She doesn't even know-how. And here she is under the rain hoping the raindrop would melt her emotion into tears.

"Woahhh, never I thought I'd see an angel cry...." a loud gasp can be heard from her left.

"Excuse me? " distracted with her emotions, she didn't catch up with what the stranger talking about.

"Ermmmm, Miss, you've been standing in front of my shop in the rain for 15 minutes. If you don't mind, please come inside. You gonna get wet even under the umbrella. I can't let you catch a fever."

Now she is aware of her surrounding, she can't help but question where is she. She was so sure she was at the alley just now, but this shop, she didn't realise it was there before. Naturally, she hesitated at first, but his sunbeam smile ensured her to accept the warm towel and his offer to come inside and take shelter.

....................

He notices how her bright eyes watch every corner of the shop with curiosity. Those eyes hide her emotions from everyone but not from him. She's lost in her thoughts, still trying to figure out where she is. Her lips are trembling, and her fair skin looks paler than ever. He's glad she finally found this shop.

" Sorry, but when will this shop open?" Wendy asks out of curiosity when he places the hot chocolate on the table. " Huh?" but he tilts his head in confusion.

"Ah, I thought this shop was new. Is it not ?" she kinda regret assuming as she wishes. She hoped she didn't offend him.

" Ohh, I see. To be honest, we've been here since forever," he chuckles.

Wendy has always been observant of her surroundings. Surely, she can notice slight changes in her neighbourhood. Of course, she has her doubt.

" How come I never noticed this shop?" She unintentionally questioned out loud as she was eyeing the wood carved 'Magic Shop' sign behind the counter.

"Maybe because it is not the right time yet. But you're here now. Congratulations, you found a magic shop", he claps like a seal."

"I.....found it? What did you mean-" She is stopped by a loud grumble sound. Not from the sky but from her empty stomach.

The shop was filled with pregnant silence for a second before a burst of cheery laughter echoed from both of them.

"Oh dear, someone hungry, I have something perfect for you."