Ingenuous Youth

Ingenuous Youth 🎡

Cherry blossoms flutter through the spring wind as if it's provoking the boy that's trapped in the tragic love disease called one-sided love

Cherry blossoms flutter through the spring wind as if it's provoking the boy that's trapped in the tragic love disease called one-sided love. It was around this time, at the beginning of grade 1 when Taehyung dragged him to the canteen to get his favourite pudding and his shoulder collided with her. It was his very first fateful encounter with the school princess, Kang Seulgi.

As cliché as it sounds, he realised he fell in love at the first sight as soon as her sweet musky fragrance faded in the hallway. However, in grade 2 he ends up in the same class with her. Though it was foolish of him to think they'll gradually become closer. Befitting her reputation as the school princess, she is always surrounded by people, leaving no gap for him to approach her. He realises there is no place for him beside her and the chances of him having a proper conversation with her are almost zero. Well, not with his damned timid personality at least.

....................

Time goes by and eventually, it's already April. Forget about becoming close, he doesn't even utter a single word to her. To be in the same class with her is more than enough. He often found his eyes observing how her hair fell gracefully on her charismatic back from his seat.

"Yahhh how long do you plan to keep staring at Seulgi huh? you indulgent brat!!! "

"T-taehyung it's not like that I'm just-"

"what? stealing glance? you're about to pierce her face for god sake" Taehyung let out a heavy sigh before he continues,

" Do you like her that much??? Then let me hear the reason. Just what do you love so much about her? Is it her fierce monolid eyes ? or her athletic sk-"

"wha-WHAT DO YOU MESDFGSGHSHDS" That prick really said it out loud, nonchalantly without a single drop of guilt.

"B-B-BE QUITE! WHAT IF PEOPLE CAN HEAR YOU" His hand immediately found its way to slap Teahyung's mouth close out of panic.

"Mphhhhhhhh! bot you're the one dat lout"

To be honest, Taehyung can't understand why his friend is making such a fuss over his crush on her. He's not the only person who harbours feelings for the princess. It's common as half, if not everyone at school admires her. She's been stealing everyone's heart everywhere she goes. Not only boys but also girls love her. She's better than most male students at sport, a prodigy that excels in everything, chic but also charismatic, and above all blessed with dazzling visuals. The all-rounded ace and the pride of the school.

"Taehyung-ahhhh~ what should I do to talk with Kang Seulgi???"

"yah..... don't tell me you still haven't said a single word to Seulgi...."

"It's not an easy task for me......" he quietly mumbles as he puts his cheek against the hard cold surface of the table.

....................