Medic And Questions

Cody gritted his teeth. He should have known not to come here, and now the clone with the blind eye was injured. He hadn't meant to shoot him, he'd meant to stun him but the stupid blasters must have forgotten what the 'stun' mechanism was for. He glanced at the room where Rex had gone before kneeling before the injured clone.

"I didn't mean to shoot you." he apologized. "It was set for stun."

"Well apparently it needs fixing." grimaced the clone. Cody smirked. He stood and looked around for something to at least keep the wound from tearing and bleeding. He found a bacta pack and some cloth that would work, at least until Cody could find the nearest medic. He wasn't a professional, but it would have to do.

"I know of a couple medics around here that could do better than what I did, but you're going to have to stay here while I find one." he stated as he finished wrapping the bandage around the clone's shoulder.

"Just get Rex and he can get me back to the Ghost." the clone moaned. Cody frowned slightly.

"Sir, with all due respect, I would like to find a medic to help you." he said, trying emphasize that he wanted to help. The clone gave a wry chuckle.

"What's your name, trooper?" he asked. Cody blinked. He opened his mouth to reply, but then his room door from behind them slid open. He didn't need to know that Rex was standing in the doorway with a disapproving look on his face.

"Cody, sir."

"What is your rank?" the clone pressed. Cody's frown deepened as Rex began walking toward them.

"I'm just a soldier, sir. Not a Commander or Captain." Cody replied cautiously.

"I'm Wolffe." replied the clone.

Kriff.

"You were the Commander under General Plo, correct?" Cody asked, forgetting himself for a moment. Wolffe winced.

"Yeah, I was." he replied quietly. There was a silence before Cody stood up, intending to grab his box of credits and leave to find a medic, but he was confronted by Rex. And he didn't look too happy either.

"Care to explain this?" he scowled, clicking a button. A blue holo-image appeared, with every picture of the 501st on it. Cody flinched slightly. His old nature crept up.

"Probably the same place you found them." he replied, smirking. The clone scowled as Cody grabbed his credits and headed for the door.

"I'll be back with the medic, sir." Cody stated as he quickly opened the door. He stepped out and took off for the closest medic. It didn't take long.

"Liers, I hope your in there." he called through a apartment door as he pounded on it. He heard a slight thump and some heavy footsteps before the door slid away, revealing a human with black hair, his gray eyes scowling at Cody.

"I'm here, whatdya need?" he demanded. He definitely looked irritated.

"I need you to be the medic you are and help someone." Cody answered, a grin sliding across his face. The man's scowl lightened somewhat, but he was still frowning.

"Let me guess, someone that pressed the wrong button again and is now dealing with a broken nose?"

"No," Cody replied. "A couple of the boys finally figured out where I lived and in the process of trying to stun one, my blaster decided to 'be stubborn' and fired a shot instead."

"Understood." Liers replied quickly as he grabbed something from inside the door and closed it behind him. The two of them journeyed back to Cody's quarters, neither saying anything to the other. They paused for a moment before Cody unlocked the door and walked in. Rex and Wolffe were still there, but in deep conversation.

"I brought the best medic around." Cody announced. He glanced at Wolffe who nodded. Liers smirked and set about tending to Wolffe's shoulder.

"Who is this?" Rex asked tersely.

"Relax, Captain." Cody said, forgetting himself for a moment. "Liers isn't going to bite." his face threatened to split as he grinned. Rex's face went white, then red.

"How did you know my rank?" he demanded. Cody cringed inwardly. 
Kriff.

He was going to have to find a way to keep his mouth shut.

"I guessed." he lied. "He mentioned your name was Rex, and I assumed you were Captain Rex of the 501st."

"A pretty good one." Rex retorted. "How about you explain the real reason you have the entire 501st plastered on your bedroom walls?" Cody froze, then glared at Rex. He noticed that Liers had stopped and was staring at him.

"That's none of your business, sir." Cody replied, emphasizing the last word. He really wanted to egg Rex on, but he passed the opportunity.

"'Course he has 'em." snorted Liers. Cody looked at the medic who was grinning. "He's been a fan of those guys since we teased him about being one." Cody sighed, relief pouring over him.

"And why exactly did you tease him?" Rex shot back. Liers looked puzzled.

"You haven't shown these guys, Cody?"
Dank ferrikingkriff. Play dumb.

"Shown them what?" 
Not that dumb.

"Shown us what?" Wolffe asked as Liers finished wrapping the wound. Cody glared at the medic. He was definitely going to get back at him.

"I don't think you know this, Liers," Cody hissed through his clenched teeth. "But you are a total di'kut." he took a step toward the alarmed medic. "If you haven't noticed, I don't tell everyone everything." he turned to head to his room when he heard a creaking noise behind him. He whipped around to find Rex staring at the hidden alcove.

"What's this?" the clone muttered, kneeling by it. Cody could no longer take it. He turned and ran.