I'd heard rumours that Ethan's father owned the property. But I didn't quite believe them.

Until now.

Dressed in a simple blue shirt and jeans, I entered the already-packed reception. Ethan had somehow managed to book the whole guest house for the afterparty. Not a single member of staff was around. It was just students, an endless supply of alcohol and ear-splitting music.

"What's up Pen. Uuu!" The swim team captain yelled into a microphone as he mounted the reception desk. "Who's happy to be here tonight?"

Shouts of joy reverberated throughout the building.

"That's what I like to hear!" Ethan laughed. "You guys better have your party pants on cuz this is gonna be the greatest party of the yeaaar! Not only do we have all thirty rooms of this building to ourselves, there are twenty-five handles of Smirnoff just begging to be chugged down!"

The cheers went a notch higher and I attempted covering my ears.

"Oh oh oh, and we also have the Legendary Shark here! The one who led Penfield to victory today! Guys, let's give it up for the one, the only, Akwasi Appiah!"

Just when I thought the crowd couldn't possibly scream any louder, it felt as if all the noise was literally drumming down my eardrums. I managed to smile through the numerous jostles and congratulatory messages, but in my head, I couldn't wait to get out of here.

"The night is still young, peeps! So let's get this party staaarted!" Ethan dropped the mic and hopped down, allowing the DJ to take over with a slew of beats. Kwesi Arthur's Celebrate then floated out of the speakers, sending the crowd into a dance frenzy.

Weaving through the bumping bodies, I made my way over to the bar's display fridge for a simple can of Coca-cola. Just a few more minutes and I'll be out of here. I snapped the can open and took a large sip.

"Well don't you look cute."

My head shifted to the side. "Oh Princess." A double take of her outfit and I nearly choked on my soda. "Wh-what are you wearing?"

Her red coated lips expanded. "You like?" She gave me a dramatic twirl in her corset top, booty shorts, fish net stockings and black ankle boots. "I thought it wouldn't hurt to dress up for the party. What do you think?"

"You want the truth?"

"Yeah obviously."

Another glance at her ensemble and I gave my honest opinion. "You look like a pornstar."

"Well it's not the first time," she laughed wholeheartedly, then her eyes fell on the drink in my hand.

"Seriously Akwasi." Princess quirked up an eyebrow and at lightning speed, snatched the can from me.

"H-hey!" I tried taking it back, but she was fast enough to move away, darting behind the counter.

"You can't come to a party like this just to  drink coke." She rolled her eyes. "That's like an insult to all the alcohol."

"For your information..." I leaned against the counter. "I didn't come here to consume any alcohol. I want to be sober the entire night."

"Aww, where's the fun in that?" Princess tossed the question over her shoulder as she began pulling out a variety of bottles from the display case behind her.