Another Life: Sticky Bits

Cordelia had a Dr appointment about a week ago, when Daphne started school. The results came back and we found out that she was pregnant again! We were so ecstatic! Of course, Daphne wasn't happy at first she didn't really want a brother or sister. It took a while for her to get used to the fact that she would have to share us. We had to let her know, that no matter what, we would still love her just as much as the new baby. We made her feel involved with the preparing of the nursery and other things. Everything was going very well!

However, when she finally did come around to the idea, Cordelia got sick... We rushed her to the hospital. It was too early and we lost the baby. Cordelia was absolutely devastated. Through this, it was also brought to light that Cordelia would not be able to have any more children. She sank into a dark depression. Daphne would draw pictures and pick flowers for her (Cordelia's nice flowers from the garden). Cordelia was slightly annoyed but she told me one day, "At least they are getting their use. Although they'd last much longer if they were still in my garden..."

Asmo came to stay with us for a while to help out. Daphne loved him so much plus he and Cordelia were close. Mammon too, surprisingly. Although all my brothers were always around, Asmo and Mammon were the most common denominators in the human realm.

One evening Cordelia was laying in bed when a little alligator head popped onto it right by her face. "Oh look, Lucien, Cronk has come to visit us." It was Daphne's "Warmie". A stuffed animal filled with flax seed and lavender. You can put it in the microwave and use it as a cuddly heating pad and it had a soothing smell. "Oh, but he didn't warm himself up for me." She sighed for dramatic effect. "I can't weach the micwowave!" Daphne pouted. "Well good, you're not supposed to use the microwave." Cordelia giggled. It was nice to hear her laugh. "Come on Daphne, let's go warm Cronk up for mommy." I took her hand and lead her out to the kitchen. "I want to help mommy feel better. Cronk will help right? Flowers help too. Mommy always looks happy when I give her flowers." Daphne was a treasure. She's a miraculous child with such love, warmth, and understanding. She wanted to help everyone. "Yes, everything you do helps mommy feel better. You are doing a great job Daphne. I'm so proud of you." I told her.

"We are too!" I heard a familiar voice. Asmo had invited the cavalry. Satan and my brothers stood at the kitchen door frame. "Uncle Satan, uncle Satan!" She ran to him and he scooped her up for a big hug. "We have got to come up with another name for you while you're here. All I need is for her to see you and scream that in public." I laughed. "Daphne, you can call me Uncle Tan, okay?" She nodded, "Okay Uncle Tan!" He put her down and reached into his bag "I got you a present. It's a book on..." I was in a panic 'don't say spells, don't say potions' I thought as I held his breath. "Crystals." I exhaled in relief. Crystals were fine, Daphne loved pretty gems. The book itself was not of magic crystals or charmed ones. Just normal gemstones.

"Oh, look at this pwetty red one!" Daphne pointed out in her book. "That's a Ruby and it's your birthstone, just like this one." Satan pulled out a necklace with a small ruby in the center and placed it around Daphne's neck. "Wow wow, Uncle Tan. Thank you!" She hugged him tight and turned to show me her new necklace. "Very pretty! Here, take Cronk back to mommy and show her your necklace!" I gave her the warmie and she ran off excitedly. "Is it imbued with anything"? I asked. "A protective spell, to keep her safe." I clasped Satan on the shoulder and thanked him. Our relationship had grown much better since I became mortal. Maybe it was because we were farther apart or because Satan realized that I would no longer be around forever. I am starting to age and change, but I am still young enough and we are still father and son or as far as Daphne and most others thought, "brothers".

The others went to go see Cordelia and Daphne in the bedroom to give them the gifts they had brought along. Satan and I stayed behind to talk about other things like the progress down in Devildom and how Satan had become the patriarch of the House of Lamentation. He was doing well and Diavolo was working on new negotiations to help make travel and sells between Devildom and the human realm easier. I wanted to partner with the Three-legged Crow group in the near future to help those plans move forward.

The rest of my brothers came back with Daphne. "We left Cordelia to get some rest. She looked really tired and restless." Beel mentioned. "Where is Belphie?" I asked. "He fell asleep in the bed. She told us to just leave him be." He added. I smirked to myself. I knew what he was doing. He was using his magic to relax Cordelia and help her to sleep. He always acted so put out and annoyed, but Belphie cared about us all and I was thankful for that. I went to go check on them and sure enough, Cordelia was out cold with the warmie tucked under her arm. "Sleep tight, my love." I whispered. I kissed her cheek and covered her and Belphie up a little more before I returned to spend time with the rest of my family. We would be okay with time and healing. We would get through this, together!