Siren Call Part 10

To say that Levi had pumped himself up for this attack was an understatement. The idea kicked in, soon after they met with Diavolo and Lucifer about a month ago, that Maris still expected the fearless, merciless Leviathan! The one that they sang praises about in the underwater city. He realized that he had lost all of that, but he wanted to get it back. He wanted to prove to them that he could still be that creature.

There were no more excuses! He trained twice as hard, and when he wasn't training with Maris, he was training on his own. He enlisted Beel to help him work out, asked Lucifer and Satan to strengthen his resolve, Mammon to help with fighting, and even Belphie and Asmo to help with better sleeping schedules and a healthier lifestyle. The difference was night and day. Leviathan had bulked up with muscle, his skin was brighter and clearer, he had tougher skin, and was well rested for the upcoming invasion. At first, he was doing it all for Maris, but the more she described the terrible things the people in the ocean endured, the more it became a mission to free them all and to take back the sea.

"Are you ready, Leviathan! It's time to go. So, how am I being transported. Is Mammon going to help like last time or will Barbatos open a portal?" Maris asked. Levi just shook his head. "Maris, I'm sorry. You're not going. You're staying here. I won't put you in any more danger " She couldn't believe the words that came out of his mouth. "Leviathan, this is my home!!! You can't expect me to just stay here and not fight for it! I know the underwater city better than anyone!!" She cried. "I know you do, and your insight at the meetings, your information, was very valuable. We got all we needed. Thank you for that."

Maris could have strangled him at that moment. Was she just a pawn to gain information or was she a part of this like everyone else? The hurt in her eyes said it all. She was stunned and felt like she was worthless. "Maris please, I just... I don't want anything to happen to you. You mean too much to me now. Can't you tell? I feel like I would be too distracted making sure you were okay. My brothers, the Demon Lord, this army, we can all handle it. I know you want to fight for your home but I can't let you get hurt. Do you understand?" Levi pleaded. "I love you too much." He added in a whisper just loud enough for her to hear. "I love you too Leviathan..." This was the first time he had admitted this to her. He kissed her one last time before he left her in the lake.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Diavolo met Leviathan at the beach with a portion of the Devildom Navy. The navy Leviathan had once briefly overseen. "It's time, are you ready?" He asked. Leviathan nodded. "I'll lead the charge. It may have been a while since I've been down there, but I understand the sea. I understand those who live in it." No one questioned Leviathan as he waded into the water and changed into his serpent form.

It was hard to communicate under the water, but the demons still moved with purpose and unity. Each division was lead by one member who could speak the underwater language. They included Lucifer, Diavolo, Barbatos, Mammon, and Leviathan himself. The demons had trained hard to learn the language so they could speak to the citizens and also lead them in case they joined them in the fight.

They had come onto the city gates during the night, to ensure that Cthulhu would be asleep, like Maris had informed. It was easy to take out the first round of guards. Leviathan snuck through the barrier like the serpent he was. His form was impressively large and powerful. He took them all out in one hit.  They had no time to sound an alarm, and just like that, the demon brigade was able to slip into the city. "That was too easy." Leviathan thought to himself. He signaled to the others to watch for threats. He had a feeling that this quiet wouldn't last.

The divisions that he and Mammon led, made it over the second wall that surrounded the dark and dreary palace. The outer shell was surrounded by a spiked fence and signs of no trespassing. Leviathan could only think about the lifestyle Maris had been living up until he found her. It broke his heart, but he would fix it. He had to focus and take out the poison in this place. It was too cold for his liking. Nothing like the grand bright shining city it was before. The palace itself was just gray and Leviathan swore the water got colder as he passed the barrier.

There was a shadow looming over Leviathan. He looked up to see several squid creatures diving toward him. He was able to dodge them but this is where the quiet had ended. A bigger swarm had emerged and the brigade was being attacked. There had been several groups, including Diavolo's and Lucifer's that had gone into the city to help the people and now they too were under attack. Leviathan could hear the people screaming in terror and he knew that he had to end this and soon. They fought off the squids attacking him and his division and then he and Mammon slipped into the palace. There were a few guards on the way to the master's quarters but nothing Leviathan and Mammon couldn't handle.

Leviathan burst into the Master's quarters with a fiery determination to end Cthulhu once and for all, just to find it empty. He wasn't there... The bed was made up and there was no sign of him even being in the room at all. He swam to the throne room expecting to see him there, but it was empty as well. "Hahaha. Foolish land dwellers, did you really think our magnificent leader would just lazy around and wait for you to attack? He has eyes as ears everywhere, my friends. The Great Cthulhu heard of your little plan. Did you really think he would sit here and do nothing!? Just you wait... Your little plan won't work and he'll make sure you lose everything!" An ugly old squid monstrosity cackled. Mammon grabbed the beady-eyed little creature by the neck. "What did ya say, you punk?" He clicked. "Land or sea, he can travel free." The grotesque creature snarled. Levi's eyes widened in horror. "What is it Leviathan!?" Mammon asked. "Maris!!" Before Mammon could process what was happening, Leviathan was already at the surface, jumping out of the water and sprinting toward the palace.