thirteen

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

"GOOD MORNING CLASS, TODAY WE ARE GOING TO LOOK BACK ON WHAT WE'VE LEARNED SO FAR." Professor Sprout shouts as soon as she enters the greenhouse classroom. She marches up to the front of the class with a grin embedded onto her face, her eye graze over everyone.

Nobody could understand how the woman could be so cheerful on a Monday morning. They all groaned silently as she talked, some even wondered how they came to pick this class. Ophelia on the other hand listened intently as she was sitting next to Remus, unfortunately the others weren't here.

"Now, could anyone tell me about Devil's Snare?" She asks as she wrote some things they'll be doing today on the blackboard. She turns back around and sees Ophelia with her hand up, "Miss Snape?"

Ophelia licks her lips, "Devil's Snare is a magical plant with the ability to constrict or strangle anything in it's surrounding environment or something that happened to touch it." She explains, "for example, say you got stuck in it, you couldn't do anything. If you panic it would only kill you faster, you'd have to relax for it to let you go."

"Well done! Miss Snape!" Professor Sprout applauded the girl, "ten points to Gryffindor!"

Students in the class froze. Some Slytherin's even looked up in shock. Remus, however stares at her in wonder, he was about to correct the teacher, but Ophelia butted her knee with his, she shook her head with a small smile that soon turned into a frown to listen back towards the lesson. But no one let it go, they tried to tell the woman about her mixup, but she just waved them off and went back to asking for questions.

The sandy – haired boy that sat next to her in class kept giving her side glances. She looks up at him and raises her brows, he shook his head and started packing his things away. Professor Sprout gave her a grin before letting everyone leave five minutes early since they had all done good.

As Remus and Ophelia were walking out, the werewolf could help but sigh loudly. "I'm guessing that's the repayment?"

"Yes," she said playing with the bottom sleeve of the robe. "A pretty good one though, right?"

"You didn't have to repay us, we've told you before." He says shaking his head and sighs.

"I've already said that it's okay, I do feel a lot better. You guys deserve the points anyway, the Slytherin's don't." She explains. She couldn't help but feel comfortable with Remus, she felt like she could trust him. She was jealous of the marauders, they had such a loyal friend.

"That was very kind of you, thank you." He says giving her a smile.

Ophelia looked closely at the detail of his scars and feels herself thinking back to hearing that howl. She knew. But still she wasn't going to say anything, she smiled back at him, not a fake one, a real one. His golden hues widen slightly, he knew he was getting somewhere. They both walk over the corridor bridge and stopped staring down at the huge drop below, but the sun shines down upon them.