twelve

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

THE NEXT DAY, OPHELIA HAD PLANNED EVERYTHING OUT. Lily and James had to do some runs with the other prefects, leaving her to do whatever she wants. They had told her where everyone would be if she needed anyone, but Ophelia had other ideas. She wasn't going to need the other Gryffindor's, she was a big girl with a mission.

She walks through the corridors which only have a couple of people lingering, she keeps her head forward and ignores their glares and whispers. They didn't know her, they were all just quick to judge due to the colour of her tie, she bites her lip and wonders where Professor McGonagall's office was.

Wrapping her arms around herself – shivering when the wind picked up, blowing her brown locks into her face. She stops in her tracks when a familiar big black dog was staring at her from the other end of the hall. A smile appears on her face as he began walking towards her, "hello, Paddy." She says bending down on one of her knees, making it look like he was bigger than her.

She wraps her arms around his neck which makes the dog put it's large head upon her shoulder. She missed him so much, she hadn't seen home in a while, she wondered what he does when he's not visiting her. She pulls away earning a face full of slobber, she scrunched her nose before giving him a playful glare. "You're such a big sook, aren't you?" It earns her a bark, she chuckles shaking her head.

"I'm on my way to Professor McGonagall's office, but I don't know where I'm going." She states standing up. She watches with interest as the dog gave her a bark before walking away, she never expected him to look back to her giving a whine. "Do you know where it is?" That earns her another bark, a grin plasters on her face as she follows him down a few halls.

As they were taking a left turn, Ophelia still couldn't wrap her head around this; was Paddy a known dog? Was he not a stray? No, he couldn't be because Remus also knew him. Perhaps, he was a Hogwarts protector. She let a giggle slip past her lips at the thought, the dog had looked back at her before leading her around another corner.

It was all becoming easier for her now, Professor McGonagall's office room was kind of like Professor Dumbledore's, she had a cat statue while he had a gargoyle. She admired the statue, it was just like the woman's animagus form. But her smile was soon wiped from her face, what was her password?

"Um," she gave the dog a nervous smile, it stares at her dumbfounded. "Do you happen to know the password." She suddenly hits herself hard on the head, "Ophelia....he's a dog."

Padfoot let out a low growl and then a huff, he didn't like when she had hurt herself, but soon found the situation funny as she had asked an animal who couldn't talk something expecting him to answer back. His eyes widen as a familiar looking cat came from around the corner.