nine

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

"OPHELIA, CONGRATS ON GETTING YOUR HOUSE FORTY POINTS." Remus said as they were walking to Transfiguration. She was walk in between him and Sirius with Lily and James talking loudly behind them.

"Thanks." She mumbles as they walk into the classroom. She knew she had to sit with her brother, Professor McGonagall would probably let her change her seats, but then again she liked to keep everyone separate from the other house incase any arguments start.

She bit her lip when she notices her brother glaring at her, she walks away from the group and tenses as she sat around all the other snakes who were muttering things behind her back. "I see you have your own little protection squad, sister." She hated him, hated the way he spoke to her, he was acting as if she was a pureblood.

"Severus, please." She said staring down at her animal that was on her desk. "Don't start."

"Don't start what? The truth?" He said grabbing his quill and writing the heading. "You seem very close to Lily and Potter these days."

Ophelia stiffens, "I think you mean they follow me around." She said grabbing her quill and writing down whatever was on the board as McGonagall started to talk.

"I want you to distance yourself from them, you're giving yourself a bad reputation, sister." He tuts, "let's not forget I've worked hard to get myself here, and I don't like how close you are to Lily."

"Is that jealousy I hear, Severus." She mumbles blankly. Feeling the stares of the said girl and the marauders, let's not forget the other snakes who were around and listening.

"I still have a chance to make things right, stop getting in the way of my plans, Ophelia. You and Potter keep ruining everything." He spat clenching his fist.

"I don't see her like that," Severus turns towards her, she made eye contact with him. "I would say we have become acquaintances that's all."

Her twin brother turns towards McGonagall and sneers, "you hang around with the people who have made my life hell. To me it feels like betrayal, sister."

"You have know right to feel like that, Severus." She grits her teeth. "Besides, they're company is better than yours."

"I'd be careful on who you're talking to, Ophelia. You better stay away from them, you will regret it if you don't." He threatens her. This Severus is the Severus she hates.

"We'll see, Severus, we'll see." She looks up and ignores his piercing gaze for the rest of the period and this class.

What Ophelia didn't know was Remus had been listening in to their conversation. He felt concerned for her, but he and the others wouldn't let anything or anyone hurt her. That was a pact they'd made, he happened to like her, Moony had already accepted her into the pack.