The fight at the O.K Corral

I wake up bright an early and do my morning routine before leaving I make sure to grab my revolver from under my pillow putting it in my secondary holster. I grab my satchel and head out As I'm walking to the saloon I notice a mother with four children I walk over asking if she needs helps which she quickly says yes too.

" Thank you for watching after them for a few minutes while I go in the general store " I smile and nod my head " its problem mam just give me one second " I take off into the Oriental grabbing my guitar and running back not saying anything to the earps or doc as I run back to the mother.

Once I run back  the mother walks in after telling her children to behave I get down on one knee in front of the kids as they sit on a bench outside the general store. " I'm (y/n) and what's yalls name " I say with a smile

The oldest boy stands up " my name is Nathaniel and I'm 7 " he then points to his two sisters and his brother saying " this is Cynthia she's 5 , that is Cecilia she is 4 ,  and this is Arthur he's 2 " I smile " well it's nice to meet all of you. So do y'all like stories ?"

Nathaniel nods his head " yes mam we do " I smile " well this story is in song form I hope that's alright with y'all " I say looking at all four of them and then down at my guitar as I find my cords for the song . " oh yes mam we love to listen to singing!" Nathaniel says happily.

I laugh a little " well this song is called song of the bandit " I say with a smile and I strum my guitar  starting to sing .

( play the song )

"Long long ago in old Wyoming lived a maid
Fair as the sweetest flower bloomin' in the shade
She loved a bandit bold who roamed the prairie o'er And every night she'd listen for his call . "

As I sing to the kids I don't notice Wyatt , his brothers and doc walk out of the Oriental across from the general store listening to my singing as they talk back quietly.

" Then far the west his voice came ringing ridin' wild horse he came singing Hee li oli yip ioli ay .
Hee li oli yip ioli yip ay oli ya he brings a token of his love . Swift as the wind he goes for high as the hills he knows she's waiting For his hee li oli yip ioli ay . "

The kids smile an sway a little in their seats as they listen to the song . Doc leans up against a post in front of the Oriental listening and watching with a small smile on his face.

" One day he rode away but never to return.
Danger was waitin' now his love must never yearn . Long days and lonely nights she waited all in vain 'Til winter passed and summer came again. "

I look down at my guitar as I play then back up at the kids to see how well they are enjoying the song I give them a small smile as I continue to sing .

" Still every night when the moon came shining for his song her heart was pining .
Hee li oli yip ioli ay . Hee li oli yip ioli yip ay oli ya he brings a token of his love .Swift as the wind he goes for high as the hills he knows she's waiting
For his hee li oli yip ioli ay . "

I hear the kids join me on the chorus of the song as they stand up and dance around a little bit having fun to the song until the oldest Nathaniel sits back down and younger ones follow soon after .

" One night an angel brought a message from her love . Told her he waited in the starry sky above.
Softly she closed her eyes and bade the angel go
And then the whole world echoed to his song. "

I stand up propping my guitar against the wall of the general store as I point to the sky and continue my singing .

"For straight down a moonbeam he came ridin' out of the sky on a winged horse glidin' Hee li oli yip ioli ay . Hee li oli yip ioli yip ay oli ya he brings a token of his love .Swift as the wind he goes for high as the hills he knows she's waiting
For his hee li oli yip ioli ay . Hee li oli yip ioli ay hee li oli yip ioli ay . singin' hee li oli yip ioli ay . "