Chapter 7

Cheryl's POV

The date was wonderful. I mean, ahem, the going to the café in a very professional way as to get along with my boss whom I closest work with everyday. Either way it was lovely, I was kinda sorta over the moon about it. There is something about Katy that made me feel little that day, though and I seriously need to stop myself cuz she's my boss. Right now though, some days have went by and Katy.. ahem, the boss lady is acting a bit odd. It's almost as if she's suspecting something's going on in terms of money maybe? I've found irregularities here and there but maybe just maybe she's doing so intentionally as to prove if I'm doing things the right way. Also maybe just maybe Kendra has to do something with this. I don't know, that day where she basically stole the report to then turn it back like nothing hasn't left my mind. Apart from that she acts a bit or two weird/nervous whenever the time for the reports come around...

'Cheryl, did you check on the monthly report very closely like I told you?' Katy wonders on that authoritative tone that happens to electrify me a bit

'I did miss but if you need me to triple check it, I will do so.' I answer as best as I can

'No, it's okay.' She says in a dismissive tone. 'Just write the letter I asked you to earlier '

I freeze for a second upon her ice cold tone and eyes.

'I will, miss.' I say before going into my office

Once I plop down onto my rolling chair, I turn the monitor back on and type away stuff. In that instant my mind starts running. What exactly is going on? Will I be blamed and then fired? Is Kendra the culprit? Should I have told Katy about that day I saw Kendra slip the report into her tray? Would she had believed me? What would've Kendra said? Yeah, she would've probably defended herself and I would've been fired not even a whole month into the job.

I'm not sure what would've happened or even what is going to happen but I hope it doesn't includes getting fired and having to work three jobs again. After all, I'm not so sure that I'd be able to find something any better or equal to this job after being fired. All in all, I hope I don't get fired.

On another note I finish the letter, send it out to Katherine and check on my email. I see the one with the subject Monthly report and under it an email from Kendra stating to please check some forms. Kendra. I hear her on Katherine's office, then from one moment to the other she's standing on my doorway.

'Hello Cheryl.' She says, I immediately get the ick by hearing her voice per usual. 'You checked the forms, right?' She wonders, laying her divided folder on my desk to look around for something

I disimulate as best I can, trying to look for something. What am I even doing? She's the vicepresident and wouldn't do something like that, right?...

'Yes I did, ma'am.' I answer

I use ma'am on her because I hate it as much as I hate her voice. It feels like I'm turning the vibe back a bit which feels nice, possibly nicer than it should.

'Alright, here's a letter I'd like you to check and correct please.'

In that instant I notice a paper titled account briefing, which oddly enough also belongs to a foreign country, specifically the Bahamas. I mean, Katherine or herself must have investments or whatever. Maybe it has to do with that?

'I will do so and send it to you as soon as possible.' I smile politely

'Alright, have a nice rest of the day.'

With that settled, her and that damn annoying voice finally walk the hell out of my office. I make a quick work on the letter, keeping on doing the usual. Should I tell Katherine this time around? Maybe I will look ridiculous but I don't lose, anything right?

Nothing other than possibly my job.

Fuck my damn existence, I don't know what to do. It seems like Katherine is suspecting there is something going on that I don't know what the hell it could be, yet maybe they will blame me and it has to do with money so that makes it worse. On top of that stress, I don't like the terms we're on cuz... the Katy from the other day. The sweet woman that was having breakfast with me while we shared a pleasant conversation, her mellow tone ringing on my ears and the way she helped me. I wish I could go back to that but damn, I can't so I have to deal with a cold Katherine.. this ice cold boss that throws death glares and uses a cold tone instead of her usual tone that oddly enough is comforting.

I hope things settle.