Varian x Poet! Reader

I hate poetry uwuuwuwuwuu so sorry if the poems written are bad

also (small) TW for the poems cus I wrote most of them and I like kinda gothic or dark or vent poetry so the first one is about drowning, the next ones are about emotions like boredom and love so yeah

Y/N's POV

Okay so as cliche as it seems, poetry is my favorite way to express myself.

I find it hard to articulate my feelings into verbal words so why not write them down?

Just like how a painter can show how they feel through their art, I do the same but with (hopefully) more subtle messages...I say hopefully because my English teacher, Mrs. Hutchins, likes to read my poetry and use it as examples for different classes. I have no problem with it but I worry that she might look too deep in the notebook and find some of my less public work. Not like I don't trust Mrs. H, I do! But the writings in the back only safe by a single sheet of paper that basically says "Go back or perish" and she could at any given moment turn the page. 

It's nearing April so that means poetry month is upon us!

Mrs. H asked if she could show some of my poems to the classes and of course I said yes.

I was at first fine with all the grades to read them you know because I'm getting seen but then I realized that if she showed the poems to them, that would mean five classes would see them.

I'm not worried about the advanced eighth graders and freshmen because have the class doesn't even go here and the freshmen are to scared to talk to a senior.

I didn't care about the sophomore or juniors, what I was worried about was my class.

I've known all of my classmates for years but there's one kid I haven't warmed up to...

"Settle down class, it's time I give some examples of poetry all of which have been writing by Y/N," Mrs. H said.

I heard the over enthusiastic claps the class clown gave me.

She began to read them. 

"Sinking

The water fills my ears as a splash, splish swim, and sink

Sink.

I felt a sudden tightness in my chest

A burning that hurts as if a fire had started inside my lungs

I can't breath and I'm unsure if I'll stop falling

Sink.

My eyes sting as I swift as fast as I can upward

Where is upward?

I'm in an empty pool of nothing

no matter were I look,

I can hardly see

Sink.

I get rid of my last breath to see the bubbles float

I swing my arms and legs,

kicking for my life

Sink.

and I feel as though I'm crying 

but it's hard to tell

Sink.

I hear a ringing in my ears

A sound of screams

I can see the surface at last but I can't feel my limbs