03

Donghyuck had just woken up from an afternoon nap and as he came downstairs he found that his parents were missing. He was about to call his mom when he saw her message saying that one of their relatives died so they would return back the next morning and that they were sorry to leave him alone but since he was sleeping they didn't bother to wake him up.

Donghyuck texted back his mom replying that it was okay and not to rush back home.

He walked up to the refrigerator to find some Vegetables and eggs inside. It was Monday , grocery shopping day and since his mom left in such a short notice she might have forgotten about the grocery shopping.

After waking up from a nice nap Donghyuck was slowly getting hungry. He sighed and wore an oversized grey hoodie , taking his wallet with him he decided to go to the conventional store to buy kimbap and some ramen.

It was one of the things Donghyuck hated the most! Going out.

Because if he goes out then he would have to interact with familiar people and his father being a teacher, most of the people in his locality knew him. Donghyuck walked towards the store with his head hung low hoping that he won't meet any familiar people.

Donghyuck's luck was quite good as he didn't encounter any people on his way. He entered the conventional store, and he first went on the ramen station and started choosing his favourites.

"Did you see that handsome guy who always comes in our locality?" Girl A asked  her friend.

Since the girls were just behind him Donghyuck could hear their conversations. He didn't mean to listen to their conversation but it was just too loud to unhear it.

"The guy who always wears a suit and comes in his expensive car?" Girl B replied and Girl A nodded.

"Yes ! Yes ! Oh my God he is so handsome!" Girl A squealed and Girl B hit her friend reminding her that they were in public.

"By the way why does he always comes in our locality? He doesn't even live here." Girl B asked curiously.

"I don't know maybe his lover lives here? That would be sad." Girl A pouted and felt at loss.

Donghyuck left the ramen station after picking his favourites, totally ignoring the gossip. He then picked some side dishes and paid for it.

Donghyuck prepared a very simple dinner for himself and with nothing left to do went on his bed early.

The next morning his parents came home when he was sleeping, as he woke up and came downstairs his mom had prepared breakfast for him. The family of three ate their breakfast like usual. Donghyuck helped his mom in washing the dishes after finishing the breakfast and his dad was watching a football match on the TV when suddenly the door bell rang.

Donghyuck volunteered to open the door. He didn't bother to take his apron off which his mom put it on him in order not to get his clothes dirty while washing the dishes.

As he opened the door he saw three people dressed up formally. It was a couple in their 40s and a guy who Donghyuck assumed would be their son. He was carrying a basket full of fruits.

Realizing that he was just staring at them moreover the fact that he was looking so unpresentable he suddenly felt embarrassed and looked away.

Donghyuck's mom came to see who it was since her son was taking a long time.

"Hyuckie who's there?"

Donghyuck stepped back and stood behind his mom. He didn't dare to look up.

"May I know whom you are looking for?" Donghyuck's mom asked with a smile. She was certain that she doesn't know them.

"Is this Mr.Lee's house?" The old man asked and Donghyuck's mother nodded.

"We are actually here to meet Mr. & Mrs. Lee."

Donghyuck's mother was somewhat confused since she has never met them but didn't ask any more questions as she didn't want to make her guests uncomfortable.

"Oh please come in."

To say that Minhyung was feeling nervous was an understatement, he swore that he almost made a U turn when he saw the younger opening the door wearing an apron.

Minhyung and his parents settled themselves on the couch of Donghyuck's living room. Minhyung handed the basket of fruits to Donghyuck's mom and though she was hesitant she received it and thanked the young man. Donghyuck's mom and dad sat in front of their guest and Donghyuck who felt very awkward just decided to go to his room but was stopped by his mother so with no choice left he too sat on the couch besides his mom.

"Oh how stupid of us. We haven't even introduced ourselves. Hello I'm Lee Sangwoo ,this is my wife Lee Chaeyoung and that is my son Lee Minhyung." Minhyung's father formal introduced themselves and both the fathers shook their hands.

"Mr.Lee of  DD television company?" Donghyuck's father asked and Mr.Lee nodded. DD television company was a very well known television company in Seoul and many knew about it so did Donghyuck's parents and he himself too.

"May I know what brought you here?" Donghyuck's father asked, coming to the main point.

"We are sorry for coming in so suddenly but we thought this type of things should be rushed." Minhyung's mother said with a smile unable to hide her excitement.

"Actually we are here to ask for your son, Donghyuck's hand for marriage with our son, Minhyung." Minhyung's father said directly coming to the point without any delays.

{A/N : In @crescent_d 's world Gay marriage is normal and it should be !! TwT}

Donghyuck's mom and dad were stunned for a moment but quickly covered it with an awkward smile, not knowing what to reply. After all it all depends on Donghyuck. He was the one who was going to marry.

Donghyuck on the other hand was too stunned to say anything. He never thought of loving someone, forget about marriage but now Infront of him was someone who was asking him to marry him. Donghyuck didn't know how to react or what to say, all he could do was look down.

Sensing the awkward atmosphere Minhyung nudged his mother and understanding what his son meant, Mrs.Lee spoke up," I know it is all so sudden but we've liked Donghyuck for a long time, he is such an adorable kid and we think that he would be the best life partner for our son. Our son is also willing for this marriage. But it all depends on Donghyuck. We will not force him if he doesn't want this marriage then it is all fine."

"Sweetheart?" Donghyuck's mom softly called her son and that was when Donghyuck looked up.

"Donghyuck would it be okay for you to have a talk with Minhyung? Maybe it will help you sort things out?" Minhyung's mother suggested and Minhyung was afraid that Donghyuck might reject the proposal ,all this time he was very tensed.

Donghyuck didn't reply and after a minute of thinking he stood up and looked at Minhyung ," Come." He said and told his mom that they were heading towards his room.

Minhyung was stunned but followed the younger , leaving the elders to talk among themselves.

As both entered the room, the atmosphere inside the room became tensed with awkwardness and embarrassment.

"Sit here." Donghyuck offered a chair to Minhyung and Minhyung sat on it .

No one spoke and silence filled the room. Minhyung took a deep breath and spoke up breaking the silence, " I know it's all so sudden and awkward but it all depends on you. If you aren't fine with it then you can reject the proposal."

Donghyuck didn't reply or even look at Minhyung which made Minhyung more nervous.

"I .. I'm okay with This marriage." Donghyuck spoke in a tiny voice with his head still hung down.

Minhyung couldn't believe his ears. Did he hear it right? Did the person whom he has been in love with agreed to be his forever?