"We are trying to work things out, I guess. I told him I was sick, and that's why I can't see him, but he knows I'm lying. I'm just hoping everything clears up quickly, so I can actually talk to him in person." I glanced toward Hayden, who was quite obviously listening into our conversation as if I wouldn't give him a recap anyway.

There was some shuffling over the line, indicating that my father was moving around. "Okay, just a few more weeks, then you can see each other. Not sure how the logistics of your relationship will work now you are an Alpha of another pack. But we will cross that bridge when we come to it, okay?"

"Okay," I mumbled in response, still not sure how I was feeling about this whole situation. We said our goodbyes, and I joined Hayden again on the couch.

"When do you have training?" He asked, looking at the time.

"Eleven, I want to get there early to scope it out a bit first." I grabbed our garbage from our meal and cleaned up.

I heard Hayden stand up, but didn't turn around while I did the dishes. He approached me instead. "I'll meet you there at 10:30 then. I have to grab all my shit and meet with Xander first," he informed me. I didn't realize he wanted to come to the training, but I didn't mind the support.

Hayden patted me on the back lightly before leaving. I couldn't help the smile that creeped onto my face at the small gesture. I could already tell we were going to be close friends.

I spent the next hour getting ready. Using a gym bag, I packed up some stuff I thought I might need for training like some snacks, water, a towel, a new pair of clothes, different types of sneakers, etc. and headed out the door to training. I got to the training area that was a similar grass opening in the woods as the one at my old pack. There were some mats splayed out along with a small shed consisting of some work out equipment. I was about to start setting up some equipment when I heard an argument going on.

I walked towards its source to see Ace and his parents next to a car. His father was yelling, his mother was crying, and Ace just looked frustrated and angry. I wouldn't have interfered in their family business, but Ace's father started threatening Ace. Apollo did not like that.

"You're disgusting! I swear, if you don't reject him, we are ending all communication with you. You won't be our son!" He spat at his son, causing Apollo to attempt to push forward.

Swiftly, I walked up the group, who were so preoccupied with their argument, they didn't even realize I was approaching until I was yanking Ace behind me. Apollo was yelling at me to protect him, so that's what I did.

"What the fuck? This is none of your business, you rogue!" The vial man spit back in my face. I didn't even flinch at his words, but I felt Ace bury his face into my back.

"This is my business. He is my wolf's mate, and I'll have you know my wolf does not take threats towards his mates lightly," I warned, staring into his eyes, a deep growl building in my throat.

The couple's eyes widened with fear as their wolves easily submitted to mine. I'm not sure how I knew they submitted, but I just did.

"You're an Alpha now," Ace's mother sputtered with fear, taking a big step back.

"I will not say this twice. Leave the pack grounds or I swear to the goddess I will hunt you down and tear you limb from limb for threatening my wolf's mate," I growled, my eyes glowing bright as Apollo pushed through to emphasize the point.

For some reason, Ace's father felt the need to defy my threat. "I've never even seen your wolf. He's all bark and no bite," he sneered, but still stepped back away from me.

Containing Apollo was just impossible at this point because the next thing I knew, I was shifting. My giant wolf was revealed, and Apollo didn't waste a moment to approach Ace's father, growling loudly. Apollo backed him up so he was flush against his car, clearly scared shitless as his face was pale white. His hands shook slightly as his eyes widened. Apollo growled in his face and barked viscously in his face.

Leave. Now.

I'm not sure how Apollo was able to mindlink with the man who is now from a different pack, but it worked. The man and his wife scrambled into their car, driving away as fast as they could.

Glancing back at Ace, I could see relief wash over him. I took a minute to change back, now realizing I just destroyed my favorite shirt.

"I'm sorry, Apollo took over," I apologized to the mate, feeling a little awkward now that I sounded incredibly possessive even though he isn't technically my mate.

Ace managed a small sad smile as he nodded in understanding. "Tell him thank you. I didn't want to bring Xander into this because he'd worry too much... but you were here anyway," he murmured, obviously trying not too look at my naked body.

I placed a hand on his shoulder, causing him to finally look me in the eyes. "I may not be your mate, but you are still Apollo and Xander's mate. And you are also my friend. So don't be afraid to ask me for help. I won't mention this little fiasco to Xander," I promised, which sparked a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"Thanks, Blaze. I owe you one." I simply smiled before walking back to the training area. I quickly grabbed my bag, thankful that I brought an extra pair of clothes.

As I pulled on my pants, I heard someone whistling. "Who did you strip for? And why wasn't it me?" Hayden joked as he approached me. I rolled my eyes as I looked down to avoid eye contact with him as I blushed feverishly.

"Ace's parents were being dicks, so I scared them off. Don't tell Xander, he will freak. I'm upset I ruined my favorite green shirt, though." I frowned, looking at some scraps left from when I ripped it.

"Don't worry, I'll buy you a new one. I'm sure the assholes deserved it, anyway," he snorted, mocking Ace's parents with me. "I'm glad my parents weren't upset about me having a male mate. I was more upset than they were to be honest," he laughed to himself, reminiscing in the past.

"My dad isn't even bothered by the fact my mate is my adoptive brother. Every parent is different I guess," I commented lightheartedly, enjoying the vibe Hayden created.

We chatted for another few minutes about the pack training before some people finally started showing up. Then we got everything set up together.

The training session went well. Warriors have always been good about respect, so they were very obedient during the session. I gave them one hell of a workout, and I could tell because even the more experienced warriors were having some difficulties. Though the workout seemed average for me, I forgot that I have Alpha blood and therefore I have better endurance and strength. I made a mental note to tone it down next time, but it was good to show them that I can challenge them.

Hayden did the workout as well, and even he seemed a little frazzled. However, that could've been because he was distracted checking me out the entire time. I pretended to ignore it, but it was quite obvious. Hayden has been very supportive of my relationship with Lyle, but I don't think he'd be too upset if Lyle and I didn't work out.

Back at the pack house, Lilith was attempting to describe their school to me so I wouldn't get lost. Thankfully, I had many of my classes with either her or Oliver. Xander didn't really care for school as much as the other two, so we didn't share any classes. I wasn't sure how the teachers were going to handle suddenly finding out Xander has a twin, but not my problem.

Ace was at the pack house as well. Someone needs to give this kid a medal for acting because he looked and acted absolutely fine. My guess is that he was going to stay at his grandfather's from now on. Anywhere that isn't his parents house sounds good to me.

I finally called it a night, now a little nervous about school the next day.