Chapter 4

His eyes widened in adoration as he stood infront of the Dollhouse. It was so fascinating and eye catching!

The moment that he tried to step a few inches near the mansion itself, his feet landed on some pile of leaves which just happened to be there, creating a loud noise. Jimin almost shut his eyes closed when he realized how clumsy he was disturbing the person inside playing the piano.

The tune stopped for a minute before it started again with now a different tune from the last time. This time, the tune was a little more lively to listen too, it's like a tune you will hear at the carnival but there's something about it that makes Jimin's heart hopeful and heavy.

He gulped and held his chest. The tune is slowly making his heart ache and felt dizzy at the same time. He tried to distract himself by taking a look at the exterior of the house. It was literally like a dollhouse. Its colors was a mix of light blue and grey. The classic color of a dollhouse. Light blue for the bottom and grey for the roofs. Not to mention that there's a lot of windows and the light coming from the inside is a soft orange color, almost matching the terracotta leaves of the trees nearby. Now, it got him wondering. Is there anyone who might have noticed his existence already? He'd been here for a minute or two already!

He slowly walked away from the door and tried to peek inside from one of the windows and there he saw a man facing away from his, mindlessly getting carried away playing his piano with a soft glow of the orange light hitting his skin.

Jimin don't understand why his heart suddenly beat like there's no tomorrow and maybe he knows. Yeah, he knows. It's because the man playing his piano, wearing an all black suit, with slender hands and soft curly hair reaching his jaw mesmerized his eyes. Could he possibly an idol that he just randomly walked into?

Chasing after you is like a fairytale

It was too late for Jimin to realize that he just randomly out of nowhere sing along with the tune. He don't even know where those lines came from! And for the love of being random, he just sang it out loud that made the person inside the house stopped again.

He stupidly shut close his eyes and almost yet made a squeaky noise but immediately closed his mouth with his hands and was already a few feet away from the house when his feet for some reason started walking away, and when the main door opened revealing the tall man standing and looking at the running figure away. He smirked.

What the old woman from the restaurant told Jimin and Hoseok was true. People who went to look for the Dollhouse and had been there never make it out --- alive. Where they being murdered? Maybe. Or maybe the souls of the people who went there were sucked out by the human-like creature living in the Dollhouse.

Technically, he was once human and then tragedy happened and made a deal with a devil and here he was. Sucking and collecting one hundred souls to return to life as a human.

He already had made it to ninety-nine and tonight, he will now be able to finish the deal so, of course, he's smirking out of joy.

But what caught his attention earlier was not the usual reaction of the humans that he once encountered that went to his house. This one was quite appreciative, probably the tune that he was playing mesmerized the human so he kept his silence to which he played along but what he didn't expect was to heard a line that matches the tune of his. The line was almost nostalgic. He knew he heard those lines from before but it couldn't be. Probably his ears are just playing tricks on him.

"Hey, were you suppose to listen to me finish playing the piano?" he asks, amused when the supposedly running away figure halt to a stop.

"I. . I, uh. ." Jimin gulped. He couldn't just face the man from earlier with his face heating up because of embarrasment. He might be thinking of me now as a stalker or something!

The man behind chuckled. It was low yet attractive and he can feel that he is walking towards him.

"I don't want to do this the hard way and since you're the last one, I'll be gentle. C'mon now and turn around. I'm waiting, princess."

Jimin was internally debating whether he is going to obey what the man had told him to, as this could seriously lead him to trouble and he didn't go here to cause trouble and yet. .

"I'm really sorry, Mister! I swear, I really didn't mean to pry! I just find your playing of piano nostalgic and it makes me remind of someone!" Jimin blabbered, almost rapping like his husband when he's recording some of his songs for his album.

The man infront him didn't saw his face as he immediately bowed when he turned at him and kept on bowing that looks like he's doing some head bang trick on a rockband concert.

"It's fine, now will you let me take a look at you, princess. Don't make me wait. I've waited long enough." annoyance lacing the man's voice that send shivers to Jimin.

He stopped banging his head and felt two cold fingers touched his chin and slowly lift them up towards the man.

Jimin swore he saw the man's cocky smirk on its face before suddenly and quickly changing into a bewildered expression. But he can't deny too that the man he saw a few feet away earlier was more handsome in near view.

"J-Jimin. ." he heard the man says in an almost mixed emotion tone but more of surprised and happiness lingering to it.

"H-. . I'm sorry?" asks Jimin, almost inaudible, obviously surprised that he heard his name slipped out of the man's lips. How come did this know him? Is he a fan of his? From the articles that he'd written form before or perhaps someone from his past? He don't know. He don't remember seeing this man.

"I-It's really you. ." the man says again while caressing his cheek and as much as Jimin would want to say that he didn't like the way how he touch him, he can't. It was way too comforting.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be. . uh. . rude, but w-who are you?"

The man's jaw dropped. No. No, he's kidding! He's sure of it. Jimin could have never forget him! They were basically tied to each other after Jimin was born. What he heard just now is just a lie. A dream. A bad dream!

"Don't be silly, darling. You know who I am. Your husband, Jungkook. Remember?" he says with wide eyes, a mixture of hurt and hopefulness.

"I-. . Uh, what?" Jimin is sure that he didn't drink soju before coming here so what it this man talking about?

He's married to the one and only Min Yoongi. Jungkook, who?!

The man chuckled seeing Jimin's expression. Yep, pretty sure this is a bad dream. He laughed which surprised and scared Jimin at the same time on how the man's laugh change from sadness, mockery and anger. His held into Jimin's left hand which he just noticed just now is obviously hurting him, wincing from the pain but can't pull his hand away.

"Jimin. . Jimin. . Jimin. ." the man calls out to him, changing his tone of voice everytime Jimin's name will be said and it scares Jimin to death because along with what the man is doing now is matching with how his smile is getting bigger and bigger but his eyes says otherwise and the house at the back, the Dollhouse, is getting bigger and bigger, and now, they're slowly getting inside of it like they are the dolls being played by little girls when. . .

"JIMIN!" his ears hurt from how loud the voice was and the stinging sensation from his cheeks.

"What the fu---. .Hobi hyung?!" asks Jimin as he was still adjusting to his surrounding while holding his red cheek from Hoseok's slap that woke him up.

"You were fucking sleep walking, dude! What the actual fuck?!"