Prologue: Freedom

Start from the beginning

My parents don't care how much money they spend since their money is unlimited. All they care about is my security, that's why they never reveal me in public.

Therefore, there is a big question mark posted in the news articles and reports. Always asking who is Marco and Chittip's daughter, when will they reveal me and what do I look like?

There's a lot of media and paparazzi going around, trying to capture and see me. It's been twenty-three years, but they still haven't seen me.

This time, I decided to confront my parents because I'm sick of staying in this massive mansion. I want to live a normal life, be independent, and most importantly, I want my freedom.

I know it's too late for an introduction, but let me introduce myself. 

I am Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban Brüshweiler, the only daughter of Marco Brüshweiler and Chittip Manoban. A person who wants nothing but her freedom to live like a normal person and learn how it feels to love freely without maids, butlers, and bodyguards following her.

"Daddy! What is so hard about letting me live?!" I raised my tone, asking my father, who was sitting across from me with his legs crossed.

"What do you think you are doing? Dying? " He said it with sarcasm and chuckled.

"I'm basically already an adult. Why can't you let me live the life I want? I only want to live like normal people do. What's so hard about that?" I asked as I looked at Dad and Mom, back and forth.

They looked at each other and shook their heads before they sighed.

"There is nothing hard about that, but we are only doing this because we are protecting you. Everyone outside can harm you. It's hard to trust someone these days." Mom answered, which made me grumble.

"I think you mean prisoning me, not protecting me. I don't feel like I'm your child; instead I feel like I'm your prisoner that you sentenced to a whole life order." I sat back in my seat and frustratedly ruffled my hair.

"Lalisa." Dad said in a warning tone, but I didn't care.

"I'm only telling you what I feel because you never ask me. I'm sharing my thoughts about the lifestyle you gave me. Yes, you gave me everything I needed and what you thought I wanted, but you never really asked me what I wanted, and now I'm telling you that I want freedom and to live normally, and you can't even give that to me."

Mom let out a deep sigh and grabbed my father's hand. They looked at each other, as if communicating through their eyes.

Later on, Dad stood up from his seat and walked towards me. He sat beside me and put his arm around my shoulder, then Mom did the same.

"Lalisa, we are sorry about that. We didn't want to imprison you for years; we just did what we thought was right, and that's the only thing we came up with." Dad he started as he rubbed my arm comfortingly.

"Your father and I decided to let you live how you want." Mom said, which made my eyes sparkle and my insides tingle.

"Really?" I asked in excitement, and they nodded in confirmation. "Yes!"

"But..." Mom uttered, which made me stop celebrating. "Only for a year. After that, you will be handling our business. We won't give you a monthly allowance. You should learn how to earn money by yourself since you want to have an independent life. Take it or leave it. "

What did I expect? My parents are both businessmen and women. They won't let me go without an exchange.

Give and take is probably their philosophy in life.

"Fine. As if I have a better choice." I replied and hugged them tightly. "Thank you, Mom and Dad, for letting me."

"Enjoy your freedom." Dad said and patted my head.

I pulled away from the hug and bowed my head politely, then immediately ran to my bedroom to pack all of my things.

Finally, my dream is slowly coming true. I look on the internet for a great job that will allow me to gain some experience.

Suddenly, a very great campaign poster caught my attention. It's a traveling company campaign poster.

"Seoul?" I tilted my head a bit, curious about this place.

Seoul is South Korea's capital.

As I scroll on my computer, South Korea becomes more beautiful in my eyes. It's really caught my attention, which is very unusual.

I booked a flight without even telling my parents. Well, they don't need to know about that anymore because I already got their permission.

I prepared my passport, luggage, and some identification cards or papers.

I'm so excited about this.

However, I'm thinking that people will know me if I use my parents' surname. I think I should use at least my cousin's surname so there's less suspicion that I'm the daughter of the richest person in the whole world.

Also, my cousin's last name will be hard for others to spell since it's so long.

I texted my cousin telling him that I would borrow his surname, which he didn't mind at all, because he doesn't care at all since we are cousins and I can do whatever the heck I want.

Chittapon Leechaiyapornkul, or Ten, a very kind and supportive cousin of mine. He and I became close because we were both taking dance lessons together. We share the same hobby, which leads us to become super close.

Tomorrow will be the start of my new life. I'm so excited. This will be a new experience for me, and I hope I will have true friends.

Here I come, Seoul, South Korea.