PART III (56): Joohyun-Jongin

DAY 176

JOOHYUN

My parents asked to meet Seulgi since they always seemed to speak so highly of her and it seemed like my relationship was beginning to get serious, so I spoke to Seulgi and decided on going to lunch with my parents.

Seulgi was reluctant at first but eventually agreed. She ended up taking the day off from work so she could get gifts for my parents. With my help, she ended up getting a bottle of expensive whiskey for my dad and a box of chocolate and flowers for my mom. 

She made sure everything was on time, so she didn't leave a bad first impression. She was oddly calm and didn't seem anxious at all, even though she was slightly nervous. I managed to calm her down with a small peck on her lips, reassuring her that it was going to be alright. 

We ended up arriving right on time and made our way inside, where I found my parents waiting.

I held Seulgi's hand as she smiled at me while we entered the house.

"Welcome home, Irene." Mom smiled gently while looking towards me.

"Hello, mom and dad!" I hugged them both in return before standing next to Seulgi again.

"This is Seulgi." I simply said just before seeing our parents turn towards him.

"Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Bae, it's a pleasure to meet you and I appreciate your having me over today." Seulgi said politely before handing the gifts over to your mother and father.

"Where did she get some money to buy this?" I heard my father mumble something under his breath, and I looked at him with one raised eyebrow.

He smiled sheepishly and shrugged his shoulders.

"You really are quite the gentlewoman." Mom commented, smiling towards me.

"The pleasure is ours." My dad spoke firmly, shacking hands with my girlfriend.

"Right, the food is getting cold." Mom spoke out cheerfully as I smiled towards Seulgi.

I could already tell my mom doesn't like Seulgi, but she chooses to pretend like she does like her.

I could feel Seulgi getting more and more tense and she was really squeezing my hand to the point where it felt like it would break.