OVERVIEW

When someone says that the person speaks Bangla the first thing that comes to our mind is that the person resides in Bangladesh

When someone says that the person speaks Bangla the first thing that comes to our mind is that the person resides in Bangladesh. But that is not true at all. Bangla is a Indo-Aryan Language. It is more towards having Pali dialect than having Sanskrit dialect. Bangla is spoken in many parts of the world but it is considered the national language of Bangladesh as it is spoken all over Bangladesh. Bangla is also one of the 22 constitutional languages in India and it is widely spoken by the people of West Bengal, Tripura and the people of Barak Valley in Assam. Bangla is the 5th most spoken language in the world and it is considered one of the sweetest language by UNESCO. Even the Bengali festival that is known as Durga puja was given the status of heritage by UNESCO in the year 2021. It was the first festival in Asia to be given UNESCO heritage. UNESCO even recognized 21st February as International Mother Language day it was the day in recognition to language movement in Bangladesh for the recognition of Bengali language. Bengalis are famous for rice and fish. Bengal has given birth to many spiritual leaders , writers, singers and many famous personality. The first person to get Nobel Prize in literature for his work was Rabindranath Tagore who was a Bengali. Even Swami Vivekananda was prominent in America for his speech in Chicago. Bengalis are considered to be one of the most intelligent groups of people. People think most of the Bengalis are non-veg people. Bengali people are mostly non-vegetarian but many dishes denote that Bengal has both vegetarian and non-vegetarian simultaneously. In West Bengal there are considered 2 types of people Epar Bangla and Opar Bangla. Epar Bangla means people who were brought up in West Bengal and Opar Bangla means people who were brought up in Bangladesh but later immigrated to India. The epar Bangla people love prawns and sweetness. The opar Bangla people love Hilsa and spiciness.