black wings - megumi f.

Start from the beginning

she decided to go to her default in any nervous interaction with her other classmates, or even her sensei.

"we're in the same class but don't know much about each other..." she mumbled, looking off to the side in utter embarrassment. really?

"oh, i guess.. that's true." megumi mumbled, looking back at the clock on his table. 2:36 am. he moved aside to let the female in who nodded a thank you, and took off her shoes.

the two of them sat on megumi's couch after he made them both a cup of tea; facing each other in silence because neither of them knew where or who should start. y/n looked around in amusement, looking at her roomates dorm that was mostly black.

"what makes you... you?" megumi ended up asking first. he knew little about her, only her cursed technique considering he's seen it many times.

"um..." she nervously laughed. "this is a hard question, next?"

megumi chuckled at her attitude, sipping his tea before leaning back on the couch.

"okay, we'll come back to it. yeah?" he chuckled, watching as she nervously nodded with a soft smile.

"uhm, your dreams." she started, making megumi nod.

"so that's what you came here for?" he asked, tilting his head to the side softly.

"yeah," she huffed, playing with the rim of her cup. "i had one earlier tonight, about a park? if i'm not mistaken. i saw the name on a sign, turns out it's a real park here... want to go with me?"

"yeah, of course." he chuckled, "i had a dream about a warehouse earlier for me actually."

"tell me about it." she stated, infatuated but the way he talked and rambled about what happened in his dream.

about the girl he seemed to come to adore.

————

"this is the place!" y/n stated, finally stopping in the middle of the park beside a bench. "exact place right there." she hummed, pointing at a red spot that seemed stain into the ground near the parks sign.

"what exactly... happened? in your dream, again?" megumi asked. y/n opened her mouth to explain, considering she didn't tell him when she went over earlier in the morning until she cut herself off.

"there's tons of cursed energy here." she mumbled to the male beside her who hadn't seemed to notice until she said something.

"are you sure it's not just you?" he joked, making her roll her eyes.

"haha very funny." she stated sarcastically, looking around for what could've been causing such high energy.

she didn't see anything. maybe it was just her crystals. she must've just been tripping.

except she wasn't. when she turned to face megumi again, he was staring down at a little mushroom shaped curse.

"no way this little thing is giving off this much energy." she mumbled.

"yeah..." he trailed off, looking upwards towards the sky until his eyes landed on the bigger mushroom further ways in the park. how did she miss that?

"oh well!" y/n shrugged, going to summon one of her crystal shinigami before megumi stopped her. he quickly grabbed her arms before letting her finish the symbol; their faces becoming centimeters apart.

"if we hurt this one, we'll trigger that one." he mumbled to the flustered girl who questioningly turned around- finally seeing the huge mushroom.

"what makes you think that?" she asked, turning back around to the dark eyed male.

"intuition? these are too big of curses for us alone to take care of." he mumbled, sighing and letting go of her before stepping back. "maybe we should just call gojo." he shrugged.

y/n wanted to disagree, she truly believed the two of them alone could take the two curses but she trusted megumi's intuition for some odd reason.

"okay..." she mumbled, pretending she didn't see the curses along with megumi who called gojo to come handle them.

————

"he labeled them special grade." megumi informed y/n who nodded in shock.

"those things were special grade?!" she huffed, not believing it. currently, she had come to visit megumi once again in his dorm room.

"technically. they possessed one of sukuna's fingers." he explained more in depth, going through a library book he'd found about the story of two angels- the light & the dark.

y/n paid it no mind, eating a bag of chips while she thought out what he just told her. one of sukuna's fingers huh? that means it'd be going to itadori hm.

"you never told me about your dream?" megumi stated, noticing her spaced out expression. she hummed in acknowledgement, but she remembered she didn't tell the male her dream.

"oh, we died." she said, nonchalantly shrugged. the male damn near choked on his spit, coughing slightly before giving her a confused expression.

"what?!" he asked, absolutely shocked by the news she just told him. ironically he just passed by a section of his book where the two angles had died.

she explained their death to the best of her ability, word for word as it was in the book. what the fuck?

the last section of his book explains the legend that the two angels have been reincarnated for years at a time, cursed to go through the same thing over and over again.

"hm, y/n?" megumi started, reading the end of his book before slowly closing it. she hummed in response, waiting for him to start. "we're gonna die in that way."

"what?" she asked, chuckling at his seriousness.

"we are the reincarnation of those angels. they've been cursed for all eternity and shit, so we're going to go through what they went through and die the same way." he explained, handing her the book in case she didn't believe it.

she bit the inside of her cheek, truly questioning if all of this was worth it. was there ways to change fate? or was this set in stone?

nonetheless, she chuckled. if she was going to go through hell, she was at least grateful to go through it with him.