SEVENTEEN || J4A5O2A5F4J5A5A5F4

Start from the beginning

"But you know I would never."

"My family comes first, Jungkook."

Jungkook raises his furrowed eyebrows and nods, lowering his head. Taehyung stands straight and walks back towards the desk.

"You remember that day," Jungkooks smiles faintly, eyes on the bed sheets as his fingers fiddle with them. "When Yoongi was dying to have some ice cream but he didn't want to tell us anything, so instead he drove his car around the parlour eight times, hoping we'd get the hint?"

Taehyung nods, his back to Jungkook.

Jungkook leans back against the wall as he watches Taehyung flip through the notebook again.

"I swear I think about that everytime I see ice cream," Jungkook chuckles.

Taehyung doesn't respond.

"Or when I really wanted to see the fireworks show and you wanted to see the fireworks show but we didn't know he was scared of fireworks?" Jungkook snickers, expression falling at Taehyung's disinterest. "And then he drove us anyway because he didn't want us to be sad while he had an anxiety attack behind us? You yelled at him for half an hour for not telling us anything."

Taehyung hums along.

"What's your favourite memory of us together?" Jungkook asks.

Taehyung leans back, blowing a puff of air out of his mouth. "That um, fireworks one. The sky was really pretty."

Jungkook smiles, "Yeah, it was."

"Maybe we should get back to work."

"I still want to lie down for a bit."

Taehyung nods and places his head on top of the notebook, keeping it there.

Something's off with him. Doesn't he like reminiscing about old times?

"Do you remember that time we went to the beach in Busan and Yoongi almost drowned?" Jungkook steps off the bed, chuckling as he stretches himself.

Taehyung hums, "Yeah, that was something."

"He was like, 'I swear to God, I told you I hate water and you still dragged me in and look, Jungkook had to give me a mouth to mouth, not that I mind that but I hope you both step on legos!'"

Taehyung lets out a small laugh, sitting back and folding his arms with a smile on his face, "Yeah."

Jungkook walks closer to him and stares down at Taehyung, his thoughts running a mile per minute. Taehyung smiles up at him.

"You remember when we were on the train and he fell asleep and we both went out to get food and missed it and then he had to come back from Busan to pick us up while we panicked?" Jungkook fiddles with Taehyung's hair.

Taehyung nods, "Yeah, that was fun."

Jungkook inhales deeply and lets out a shaky exhale. "Those last two things never happened, Tae."

Taehyung halts and stares up at Jungkook, licking his lips as the latter stares into his wide eyes.

"You don't remember?"

Taehyung swallows and immediately sits up, back hunched as he picks the notebook, flipping through it once more. "No, that's-that's not it. My mind was elsewhere. I-I wasn't listening."

Jungkook crouches down and worriedly stares up at Taehyung, "Please don't lie."

"No, I swear," Taehyung nods, licking his lips again and visibly gulping. "I was thinking about something else."