Issy grabbed the other female by the arm and pulled her towards the door she had entered from. Once in the hallway, A'Shanna eyes roamed over her from head to toes and dramatically exclaimed what were curses never to leave a lady's mouth in front of company.

"OH gods above and below, you are not fine. I can see it and so can he!" Her mother exclaimed.

"Mother please, I am just fine. I just need some time."

A'Shanna looked heartbroken as the lies left Issy's mouth.

"I can fix this. I am fixing this, I just need a little more time. You will see," A'Shanna proclaimed as she stared into Issy's round eyes. For the first time in her life Issy suspected that her mother was actually on her side. Issy felt a surge of emotion rush forward and fresh tears along with them. She had never doubted her mother's love for her but she had always believed it didn't touch what she felt for her brother.

"Where is Arion?" Issy asked tentatively. She was testing her mother's resolve but the sudden change of topic seemed to confuse her mother who had begun cooing over Issy's messy hair and darkened undereyes.

"I would not know," she finally responded, " but I am sure he is around."

Issy surged forward to hug the female tight. Her life was a disaster but this was the first time in days that she feel a spark of hope for the rest of her life. It was a shame it wasn't enough to make everything better. There was no fixing this mess with Massillon and she couldn't heal with all the pity in this House. No one would make fun of her but she knew what they were all thinking.

"I can't stay here." The sentence leaving her mouth but she had finished the thought.

"Of course not, my child. Your father pushed you far too quickly. You shall decide when you are ready to return to society and not him. This was far too soon," A'Shanna said as she wiped at Issy's face and rubbed her sides.

"That's not what I mean, mother," Issy interrupted, "I need to get out of this palace or I will go mad."

"But I can fix this-" A'Shanna began again.

"No you can't. You saw him when he left, mother he left the continent!" Issy exclaimed.

"There is no fixing this," Isalinah insisted, as her heart squeezed at the admission.

"He hasn't called, not once-" Her voice breaking and then failing her at the admission. The scene of Massillon practically fleeing her home, rushing back in painful detail. She had held up in her room like a hermit but she had also kept her phone close and charged. Sensing that her mother was about to argue the point Issy pushed the tear threatening to fall back down, swallowing hard as a ball of emotion formed in her throat. She then pivoted back to leaving.

"Rulal is always telling me that the world is a big place and I need to see it. This is as good a chance as ever." Pushing fake hope into her tone.

"No-" A'Shanna began but was cut off by a male voice behind her.

"Where will you go?" Asked Raphael. The tall male was as stoic as ever. Issy had no idea how long he had been listening to their conversation but it didn't matter either.

"North. I think," Issy replied to her father's question, ignoring her mother's protests.

"You can not be serious. When the Doeshar has had a real chance to think about this nonsensical matter he will come to the only reasonable conclusion which is that your courtship should continue and ... and north is a direction, not a location!" Argued A'Shanna when she realized that neither her daughter nor mate was listening to her. She dropped Isalinah's hands, turning around to confront her mate.