Chapter Four

Frida got out of bed with the white sheet wrapped around her naked body and in a total terrible mood, not even the moment of passion she had just shared with Jens helped relieve the tension she felt. She went into the bathroom and locked herself in, looked in the mirror and hated what she saw; a dissatisfied, angry woman. She was aware that what she had just done was merely out of courage, but didn't understand why, resulted just absurd. She splashed water on her face with one hand while she still held the sheet with the other, but when she closed her eyes she saw him; Benny.

Frida grunted. The last time she saw Benny was at the party at Björn's house, three days ago. Most likely he was on a trip with Iris or maybe not, as he said. Either way, she was angry. She hated when things didn't go her way but, why did this matter so much to her? She couldn't stop thinking of Benny and Iris together and that's exactly why she called Jens, to get distracted and calm her growing desperation. She wouldn't look for him, she didn't need him and he didn't need her either.

She left the bathroom and found Jens naked on his bed, the man smiled widely at her and Frida felt like puking. She liked him, but she wasn't in the mood today. "Hey, are you okay? why don't you come back?" Jens patted the bed.

Frida gave him her best smile but instead of going back to bed she started to gather her clothes from the floor. "No more for today. I have things to do."

Jens frowned as he got up from the bed too. "I thought you said you are free."

Frida picked up one last item of clothing and straightened up with a sigh. "I know, but I just remembered I have some earrings."

"Well, in that case, do you want me to walk you home?"

"There is no need. I bring my car, remember?" Jens nodded and Frida felt bad for him, after all he was kind to her, attentive and affectionate... and it was exactly the latter that she avoided at all costs. Without further ado, she went into the bathroom again to get dressed.

She soon arrived at her house, but her mood did not improve. She suddenly saw herself sitting on the couch with Benny's whatsapp chat open, he was online and she wanted to text him. Their last conversation had been even before they last saw each other and she wouldn't be the first to talk to him again. She was upset, but she was also wondering what he was doing. Is he in Sicily with Iris? She wanted to know. Anyway, now he was talking to someone else. Maybe it was a business, after all he was a busy and hardworking man, she should be doing the same and not thinking about him.

Not too far, Benny watched the open chat, Frida was online and the temptation to text to her was enormous. But she didn't want to talk to him and he wouldn't go after her, he never begged for anyone's attention. He put the cell phone aside and took a drink of beer. He was home, of course he canceled the express trip even though it cost him a big argument with Iris, but he honestly didn't care. The best thing was to turn the page. Iris was furious and so was he. Benny didn't want to carry anyone and this girl was hanging onto him too much.

His faithful companion at this time was alcohol, so he took a big drink. Then another, and another. He was feeling fine, but suddenly scenes with a fiery redhead invaded his memory; Frida kissing him, Frida dancing with him sensually, Frida saying his name as he possessed her body, Frida laughing sitting in the passenger seat as he drove, Frida with him.

Benny grunted and got up from the couch. It was amazing how his body reacted to her. He couldn't blame the alcohol because with or without it she turned him on, she aroused something primal in him. With a loud sigh he recognized he'd end up doing it anyway; so Benny took the cell phone and texted her. If she read it, fine; and if not, no problem.

B: Same suite. I'm on my way.

An hour later, Benny was pacing the room. With every passing minute his anxiety increased. He had stopped drinking and his jacket was lying on the sofa, the top buttons of his white shirt were undone and the sleeves were rolled up to the elbows. He checked his wristwatch again; waiting killed him, he was not a patient person and she knew that. Maybe she wouldn't come, but she didn't even bother to text back, how would he know? He massaged his chin considering his options; he could order a beer or a bottle of whiskey, or maybe go down to the restaurant and find a cute girl. No other woman came up to this room.