Chapter One

Benny looked around the room in search of his objective; the place was full of people celebrating the new year eve, most of them were partners. With a glass of champagne in his right hand while the other rested inside his pants pocket, Benny scanned each group around him, trying to be as discreet as possible. His friends were chatting next to him but he was not paying attention, until all of the sudden he felt a small hand on his arm that made him turn. A blonde woman. She was cute, slim and tall but no taller than him, she could steal anyone's breath with her blue eyes, and Benny was certainly one of those men. Not for nothing they had... something.

"Hi Iris," Benny took her hand and brought it to his lips to kiss it. The girl gave him a big seductive smile, in fact, she was going too seductive, promising Benny a night just like that.

"Darling, I've been looking for you," Iris closed the distance between them and kissed his cheek. "I sent you a couple of messages."

"Sorry, I haven't checked my cell phone," he excused himself and it was true. Iris shook her head disapprovingly and adjusted the tie of his impeccable black suit. Benny shifted a bit uncomfortable, he simply did not like the displays of intimacy in public, and he had mentioned it to her once but she didn't seem to care. It couldn't be said they were dating and she acted like they were, but Benny didn't like commitments, he just wasn't that romantic type of man. He could enjoy a good fuck and that's it, that's why he never had girlfriends, or at least not formally, his "relationships" did not last more than a couple of weeks, there were already rumors of that and he did not care, but he did take care of the integrity of his lovers.

"Lyngstad!" Björn, who was in the group, greeted the woman who had just arrived, all the other boys focused their attention on her. Benny turned along with Iris when he heard the last name of the owner of one of the most important fashion houses in all of Scandinavia. Something inside Benny stirred desperately when he saw her, she was a total vision and clearly all men around her liked to appreciate her.

Frida walked towards them fused in her long golden dress, it was not very flashy but it was charming, the garment adjusted to her silhouette, making her look like a mermaid, also her red hair, although adjusted in an elaborate bow gave her a spectacular touch to her resplendent white skin. She exuded power and beauty. "Good night, gentlemen," Frida greeted everyone with a handshake, only Björn approached her with the complete confidence of being close friends. He hugged her gently, feeling someone's gaze on his back.

"You look divine, Frida," Björn gave her the compliment that she modestly took.

"And you very handsome. Where have you left Agnetha?"

"At her parents' house. In fact, I'll be joining her in a bit," he explained.

Frida continued to greet the last person remaining. "Andersson." Their gazes connected and the air was instantly charged with a delicious energy. Benny could feel that special tone in her voice which made his entire body shook, hearing her name him ignited something in him. Benny stepped forward, gauging her response, clearly saw that glint in her gaze.

"Hello, Frida. Nice to see you again," he took her hand and brought it to his lips without breaking eye contact at any time. She gave him an almost involuntary half smile when she felt his lips against her skin.

"Same here," she replied and then fixed her gaze on his companion, who was looking at her deliberately challenging her. Silly girl, she thought and ignored her.

"Why so lonely, Lyngstad?" asked Fredrick, a fifty-year-old man. Attractive? Yes, but there was something about him that Frida didn't like.

"Better alone than in bad company," she mockingly replied making quick eye contact with Benny, hopefully no one would have noticed.