2: uncertainties.

— 🌸 —

AERA SOON FIGURED out that only she could see the string and that there was no way to cut it, tear it or rip it. why? she had no idea.

so she did the only thing any logical person could possibly do..

chase the string to see where it ends. and it seemed that the other person had the exact same idea.

"where does this end?" Aera wandered breathlessly through the rainy streets. one of her hands in her jean pockets and her other hand connected to the somewhat never-ending string. she held her other hand up to shield her eyes and head from the drenching rain.

Beomgyu, on the other hand, was miles away from her, also wandering around the rainy sidewalks to see what in the world must be connected.

no wonder they were soulmates, they even have the same stupid ideas.

he felt the rain droplets his head and face but was confused as the string was completely dry and perfectly fine. he rolled his eyes at the somehow invincible string.

who placed the string on his finger? and would
that person want him to find the end of the string? he had so many questions but no answers for any of them.

Beomgyu groaned and tilted his head to the floor, walking without his eyes. he soon felt his body collide with another, rapidly apologizing.

"i'm so sorry!" he apologized, watching as a young girl, probably around his age, fell to the floor. "are you alright?" he asked as she didn't bat him an eye and continued to walk forward.

until she realized...she couldn't walk forward. her string had ended and was connected to the boy standing right in front of him.

the two figures stood staring at each other, eyes upon their connected thread. they made eye contact before looking back down at the small space between the string and them.

"....."

"....."

the silence was almost too loud. rain drops hit their heads as they both tried to shield their figures from getting hit with the rain.

"l-let's sit at the park bench so we don't get rained on." Beomgyu recommended, slowly walking there, though the girl refused.

"why did you put this on my finger?" she asked, looking at the boy who was dumbfounded at her question. he turned his head around, the rain dripping from his hair.

"what?"

"i mean you and i are now connected through this thread and i want to know how." she said in a defense-like manner. her voice was rather calm and soft like honey, soothing to the ears.

"look, i don't even know your name."

"well yes, because stranger danger."

Beomgyu scoffed. "we're going to be connected by this thread for a long time, i don't think i'll be a stranger."

"i have to go."

"wherever you go, i have to go too, you know." he rolled his eyes as the girl stood, dumbfounded at the boy's statement.

"no, chestnut head, we were miles away from each other and we still were connected through the string so your logic makes no sense." she rolled her eyes. "we can still walk away from each other."

"CHESTNUT HEAD?" he placed his hands on his hips, furious at the girl's name for him. "my name is Choi Beomgyu for your information."

"chestnut." she mockingly grimaced.