12: soulmates.

[ 🌃 ]

"I FORGOT HOW much i missed the big city!" Yeonjun's body hit one of the sofas as he laid flat on top.

"same, i don't think the five of us have ever been in Seoul all together before." Beomgyu looked outside at the window as snow fell atop the buildings in the night sky. the stars shined brightly, streetlights aglow. the city was bright even though it was already night time.

"thanks, Soobin for convincing your parents to let us stay at their vacation home here." Taehyun pat his shoulder. "it's absolutely beautiful."

"they come here at least once every month so they didn't mind us staying here for a couple days." he smiled. "there's five rooms, which is perfect for all of us and three bathrooms, one upstairs and two down the hall."

they began to unpack in their rooms for the weekend. Beomgyu's room had the perfect view of the city at night, directly facing the buildings and amusement parks that were still decorated for Christmas. the colors of white lights hanging from the buildings felt magical as the snow piled atop. it felt like a scene in a film—the same film Aera was talking about.

Beomgyu's eyes darted to his nightstand as his phone rung.

"Hello?" he put his phone on speaker and placed it on the bed, unpacking his suitcase.

"hey, did you get there safely?"

Aera. Beomgyu's heart skipped a beat as he removed the phone from speaker and put it to his ear.

"i-i did, thank you." he smiled. "how have you been, what are you up to?"

"i have a recital tomorrow, but my parents are out of town, sadly. i'll send you videos though!"

"i'm sorry, Aera. i wish i could be there."

"don't be! how's Seoul?"

"we just arrived an hour ago but the snow is absolutely beautiful." he walked towards the window. "you should come visit again, you'd love it in the winter."

"you'll have to tell me so many stories."

"who know, maybe i'll get your birthday gift here too."

"don't even think about it. i don't want you to think about me on your trip."

"well, it's kind of hard considering how every time i look at my hand there's a red string that connects to you."

"ha, funny."

"i know."

"i'm gonna go practice, but i wanted to see how you were doing." Beomgyu could hear her smiling from the other end.

"do you have any New Years plans other than your recital?"

"nope, i'll probably go shopping though for a dress for the winter formal."

"oh, when's that?"

"the 10th. its a week after we go back to school, i know, stupid planning. plus it's the day before my birthday."

he laughed. "you'll do amazing at your recital. i'm gonna go so i can finish unpacking."

"have fun!"

he hung up and swallowed. he avoided the topic of the winter formal, but he really didn't want to. truly, he wanted to ask her to go. he wanted to buy her flowers, to see her in the beautiful dress she picked out. but he knew she wasn't going to ask him to go. they were just friends.