12. Ghostzone Weekend

The tick, tick, ticking of the cogs, the hands on various clocks, of time ever moving onward, a warning for others to stay far away, by now sounds familiar, even comforting to Danny. When he's in hearing distance of the ratteling machines he knows he won't get attacked or ambushed. To him, Clockworks tower is the safest place in all of the ghost zone.

Apperantly this is a very odd opinion to have. Any other ghost would pick their own and absolutely never another ghosts lair to feel even remotely safe in.

Don't get him wrong, he likes his own lair just fine. A small cozy two bedroom appartement, perfect for a quick nap and to store some living world stuff, like a computer, cd player, some books and a few changes of clothes he's smuggled in past Walker.
But he hates being alone in there. And taking his best friends through the ghosts zone just to hang out there can be tricky at best and dangerous at worst.

Besides, Danny likes hanging out with Clockwork. And the master of time has assured him he's always welcome in his lair.

The anchient ghost always has stories to tell, lessons on history Danny gets to experience himself as Clockwork takes him through time. He teaches the teen about various long standing traditions of the infinite realms. Clockwork gives lots of books for Danny to lose himself in for hours, pouring over and studying the texts.
Danny can alway ask for advice from the anchient ghost.

~

Clockwork waves his scepter, time moving backwards for only the two ghosts as he speaks.

"There was a time where the veil was as thin everywhere else as it is in Amity. Ghosts roamed freely in the lands of the living."

Space and time shift to a specific point the time master has in mind.

"When the war between the ghosts and humans came to an end, powerful wizards and mages seperated the living from the dead."

"So ghosts go out into Amity because they're supposed to roam?" Danny Phantom asks.

"Indeed. After all, living and dead are two sides of the same coin. You walk both paths Daniel, would you be willing to give up one realm over the other completely?"

~~

The far frozen is another one in Dannies top favorite places to visit in the ghost zone. The biting cold wind of a snowstorm gearing up beaconing him in with promises of hot chocolate. Relaxing in an iglo surrounded by his giant floofy friends. Listening to the warriors regaling tales of their latest battles, and favorite exploits getting more embellised and absurd with every telling.

There is naturally a lot of time spend goofing off in the snow.

Its a cool montage! Building iglos with Jetis. Eighties power music! Making snowmen, having snowball fights! skating on ice, doing flips! Core powers! Guitar solo! A mountantop collapses, now an avalance is coming towards us oh shi-

~

Danny is ofcourse especially fond of the ancient jeti Frostbite, whom has taken it on himself to teach the joung halfa about his core and ice powers.

Most days Frostbite has him do a lot of training, often leaving him completely drained and exhausted. But every time Danny says his goodbyes and flies homeward, he feels more confident in his control over his ice powers, and just a bit stronger.

~~

Queen Doratheas castle is both an impressive and intimidating structure. There arn't many buildings in the ghost zone that survive for long. Especially one as big as a town. And her homestead has stood strong for centuries.

Ghosts go about living their deaths as if they're still in medievel England. The hustle and bustle of the market at the square, Merchants from all over the infinte realms make the trip to sell their finest wares to visiting nobility. Cattle is being herded through the streets, weavers making baskets and clothing, the smithy hammering away on a sword as one of the towns royal guards stands close by looking out for trouble.