E i g h t

Los Angeles, CA, USA|10 a.m| 5th December 2020
———————————————————————————

Charlie smiles at herself in the mirror after getting ready. Today the group goes zip-lining at a location nearby. Chase thought it would be a good way for the newest member to get to know the others better while having fun.

Rudy dresses in a pair of shorts and a shirt. He was wearing something simple, but he was still trying to impress his crush. Meeting a girl online wasn't the ideal first meeting, but there was a spark between them, when she laughed or joked on Facetime, it made him feel something special. "Trying to impress a girl?" Chase stood suspiciously behind the boy, who was wearing a similar outfit, except he was wearing the bandana that everyone knows and loves.

"Nope" Rudy said, shaking his head. At the end of her trip, he wanted to win the girl over and officially calling her his proudly. Chase knew exactly what Rudy was doing when he was trying to make himself look good in the simple clothes he wore.

Charlie agreed to go with Rudy when the group split up for the car ride. The two of them blast music from the radio with the window down. The wind blows back Charlie's curly hair as she smiles broadly out the window. She hasn't felt so free in a long time. Rudy watches her carefully. He was totally infatuated with the Jackson girl sitting inches away from him. Her smile grew with every second of the drive and she yelled the lyrics out the window to the music, earning her several looks.

Everyone got out of their cars as soon as they arrived at the building. The girls gathered in their own small group away from the boys. The two girls had formed a relationship with Charlie when j.d started the group chat a few weeks ago.

The teacher has now also joined the group. He explained the safety rules and instructions. Rudy kept getting closer to Charlie, who was still standing next to Madison, joking about various things. So just as Rudy reached her side, Chase nudged Rudy against Charlie. Charlie stumbled backwards, but Madison realized it she was too slow and Charlie fell to the floor before Rudy could realize what had happened.

"I'm so sorry!" Rudy caught himself, he wanted to help Charlie back on his feet. He gave her his hand and she took it happily. His hand was warm. Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was that he was nervous, or maybe both, but either way, Charlie felt like it was a good thing.

"It's fine. thank you." She said smiling. Rudy nodded and mumbled and turned to the boy who pushed him. He glared at him, Chase shrugged his shoulders and just grinned.

One by one, they jumped off the small platform until only Rudy, Chase, and Charlie were left.

"Ever been zip lining?" Rudy patiently awaits her response as he tries to make small talk with Charlie. "Not at all." The trembling girl looks over the edge where the soft grass stood.

"You scared?" Rudy asked, noticing her shaking.

"Nah," Charlie denies and waves his hand, but she
quickly corrects himself as Chase jumped off and
zoomed down the thin line where the rest of her
friends are waiting. "Maybe."

"I'll go in front of you." Rudy releases his leash and
walked in front of his friend and hooked onto the nearest anchor again. "I got you." He's trying to be cool, but he really wanted to let her know that he was there to help, always.

The girl smiles slightly "if i die then it's chase's fault for bringing us down here."

"I'll make sure to hold him to it, but I promise you
that you'll be okay.'

Rudy gave Charlie one last comforting look, "See you on the other side." He said before jumping. He slid down like the others. "Wo00000!" he yells, stretching his arms free. Charlie giggles at her friend and watches him do it.