CHAPTER 18

18th birthday

Sharia Kate's Pov

"Saan ba tayo pupunta?" tanong ko kay Bryce. 10:00 na kasi ng gabi tapos inaya pa akong lumabas. Mabuti nalang talaga at nasa business trip si kuya.

"You'll know when we get there, love" nakangiting sagot nya. I'm dressed in a white basic cardigan top, black pants, and white sandals. He's dressed casually in a black shirt, black jeans, and white sneakers.

We arrive to a location with no houses. It's just a quiet spot with some trees, and we can see the city lights from here. We've been driving for about two hours, so it's definitely near midnight.

We were both standing here, staring up at the night sky. While his hand was on my shoulder and my hands were on his waist, I leaned my head in his shoulder.

When I observed the countdown amid pyrotechnics, I was even more impressed with the view. How did they manage to accomplish this?

5

4

3

2

1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARIA

"Happy birthday, love," he said. This surprised me! It had always been my dream to see fireworks at exactly 12 a.m. on my birthday, and now my wish has come true, and it is even more beautiful than I imagined.

Tears began to pour from my eyes because of happiness. Last week, I also surprised him on his 18th birthday.

I kiss him fiercely, and when he kisses me back, our kiss becomes even more passionate.

"Thank you love," I said after we kissed, "Thank you for constantly making me smile and happy."

"you're always welcome love. I promise to always make you happy. I love you until the scientist find out the exact numbers of stars" and those words came out from his mouth makes my heart melt.

We sat down on the grass and talk about some random stuff while still watching the fireworks.

"What do you think of your life 10 years from now?" tanong ko nang maubusan na kami ng topic na pag-uusapan

"I don't know" he simply answered and look up at the sky.

"Why?" I ask in astonishment

"Because even if I planned my future and pictured myself 5 or 10 years from now, there's still a plot twist in your life, like a narrative or a movie, that can change the future and ending you want to be."

Following that, there is silence between us. We can't think of anything to talk about right now, so we're simply calmly admiring the stars in the sky and the fireworks already ended earlier.

We only lingered here for a few moments before returning home.

**************

"Love Cr muna ako" paalam ni Bryce nang nasa second floor na kami sa mall. Sinamahan ko kasi syang bumili ng sapatos na gagamitin nya sa debut ko bukas.

"Wait nalang kita sa national bookstore" tumango naman sya at naglakad na papunta sa Cr.

I went to the national bookshop and went straight to the books area when I walked in. I'm not sure what book to buy, so I just seek for something interesting to read.

While browsing the shelves for a book, I noticed a familiar girl. I approached her out of curiosity and tapped her on the shoulder since she was hunting for a book.

When she turned around, I was taken aback to see my ex-bestfriend. Her body shifted slightly. Her hair is already long, her boobs have grown a little bigger, and her face has matured a little.