- Chapter 3 -

Everyone turned to the door to find Kolivan. Seething with boiling rage. He growled low in his throat. His eyes were filled with anger. Shiro stepped away from Keith and smiled at Kolivan. As if nothing had happened.

"Kolivan. I'm so happy to see you," Shiro smiled.

Kolivan just kept on glaring. He walked over to Keith and knelt in front of him. Keith braced himself for another lecture but was surprised to find Kolivans hand on his shoulder.

"Keith..." Kolivan started. "How old are you?"

Kolivan was praying that he wasn't eighteen. But the universe just had to hate him at that moment didn't it.

"Um, eighteen. Why?" Keith said.

Kolivan paled. He really had been sending a kit into battle. How could he?

"Why do you want to know his age?" Shiro asked.

Without saying anything Kolivan grabbed Keith. He picked him up, bridal style, and ran out of the room. The rest of the team stared after them. Still processing what had happened. They then started chasing after them. Kolivan was fast. He held Keith to his chest protectively. Keith didn't have a clue on what was going on. A second ago he was being scolded for acting like a child, now he was in Kolivan's arms being carried to who knows where. Keith's brain wasn't cooperating. He was so confused. He let out a distressed and confused wine by accident. This made Kolivan run even faster, running his claws through Keith's silky black hair, trying to calm him down. Kolivan burst through the door that led to the hanger where Thace and Antok were waiting. As soon as they saw them there faces morphed into confusion.

"What happened?" Thace asked as he ran forwards.

"I'll explain once we get back to base. For now help me get out of here," Kolivan stormed into the ship with Keith still in his arms.

Thace and Antok were right behind him as Thace climbed into the pilot seat. Kolivan and Antok sat in the seats behind with Keith on Kolivans lap. As the ship took off Thace leaned back in the pilot's seat and looked at Kolivan with concern.

"Do you mind explaining to us now?" Thace asked.

"They were scolding him for acting like a child. And he's eighteen. I asked and he said eighteen," Kolivan whispered.

"Really? He shouldn't even be out of his mother's arms right now. Much less fight in a space war," Antok cried, panicking. "But why were you running? And why did we have to leave in such a hurry?"

"Um...Well-you see... I kind of... may have... taken Keith without their consent," Kolivan mumbled. He is still stroking his claws through Keith's hair. He'd only now realized that Keith's hair had a few purple streaks in it. Keith let out a series of confused wimpers that broke the blades hearts. "Shh, kit. Don't worry, everything's fine," Kolivan murmured.

Before Antok or Thace could talk an incoming call from the castle of lions popped up on the screen. Kolivan nodded at Thace, signaling him to accept it. The paladins of Voltron and the Altean's faces appeared on the screen.

"Hello paladins-" Thace started but was interrupted by an angry shout.

"KOLIVAN! Give me back the red paladin. Now," Allura's commanding voice cried.

"I'm sorry princess. But Keith is still too young to be fighting in this war," Kolivan said calmly.

"What do you mean? Mullet is an adult on Earth," Lance said.

"He may be an adult on Earth but he is no adult here," Kolivan growled. "I'm sorry but my answer is the same. No."

And with that the call ended, leaving the blades in silence, while the paladins were trying to figure out what had just happened.

--------------------

(A/N) Thank you so much for 400 reads (may have changed by now) I'm so happy. Thank you all so much for reading. Bye for now, have a wonderful day.

- MarMAr