Chapter 2

The guards grip had loosened on all the boys shoulders as they stood waiting for the boat to be ready. They heard the whistle of a crew man signaling that it was okay to get on now, Race looked bored out of his mind well Albert and Jojo were second guessing their choice of friend. As the boat left the dock the guards completely released the boys and left the room, 

     "Sinceramente pensavo fossi dalla mia parte!"Race yelled at the guards causing his ginger friend to look over in confusing, Race just shrugged his shoulders, "What?" Albert gave him a 'what do you think' look. A few minutes had passed and the guards walked back in.

   "We need to talk to you," The biggest one said as he pointed at Racetrack, Race sighed and stood up Albert and Jojo following, "Alone," The guard finished sternly. 

  Jojo groaned, "What will we do then?" 

  Race laughed at his friend, "Just go find a game or something," Jojo and Albert both then began to walk away. 

       He walked close behind the three guards but soon they stopped in their tracks, "Why did you leave?" One asked as the other two left the room.

 "Oh umm," Race struggled to anwser the question.

 "You have to awnser." At this Race sat down on a near by chair.

 "Where to start," He said with a hint of sarcasm, "1. I was twelve when I was told I had to get married when I came of age 2. I felt like a child, being told what to do every 2 seconds!" He started raising his voice near the end. 

    The guard crossed his arms in response, "So you did run away?" He asked. 

   Race just sat there not saying a thing for a second then gave gave his sassiest, "duh," 

    The guard slowly nodded, "Well,  at least we're getting you home at last, tell your friends to get comfortable we'll arrive early tomorrow," The guard finished as Race turned to leave the small room they were in. He walked down a series of halls until he heard the voices of his two friends talking in the next room, he walked in slowly.  

     "Yay your back!"Jojo said, not being able to detect any sarcasm he responded tiredly, "Hey," Albert quickly went from jumping on one of the beds to sitting on it.

  "Someone is upset," He said as if ready for some gossip. Race sat down and tried to keep a straight unimpressed face as he eyed his two best friends, but soon looking at their faces became unbearable and fell back onto his temporary bed laughing.

 "What is wrong with you?" Albert asked as he approached the boy, "Oh it's nothing," He paused as he brushed a tear from his face, "Your faces are just really funny," He said as seriously as he could.

 Jojo was quickly right by Albert and pushed Race's shoulder lightly,"That's not nice," He said being the dad of the group.

  Albert chuckled, "That's what Race's mom said when he was born," Race snapped his focus onto Albert.

 "That is not what she said when I was born,"He snapped. 

"How would you know Race?"Jojo said sassily. 

   "uh-I don't know," He said giving up defending himself. 

  Soon they were all sitting on their own beds discussing whatever came to their heads.

   "I think dreams as a newsie are stupid," Albert said as the trio got deeper into conversation.

"What,  you mean like Jack's dream of Sante Fe?" Race asked,Albert seemed to hesitate in response but soon spoke up.

  "well- Uh yeah," 

  Jojo sat up in his bed and looked over at him, "A dream is not stupid!" He stated firmly.

 "Okay okay geez Jo calm down, it's just my opinion," Albert said, at that the two boys heard a snort come from Race's bed.

 "You good?"Albert asked giving out a bit of a snort himself.

 "Yeah yeah, I'm fine, it's just when you said Jo it made me think of his full name," At that comment Jojo fell back onto his bed.

 "You two are really rude, it's not a bad name," He whined.

 "No don't get us wrong it's just really long that's all," Race tried to reassure him.

 "Sorry Jojo,"Albert said quietly.

 "Oh but sorry doesn't do it, it's to late you've both broken my heart,"He said dramatically faking a British accent. 

***

"Come on, come on wake up you two," Race said, he hair was just as messy as the day before but he was now wearing neater clothes. 

Jojo pulled the sheets over his head well Albert just let out a groan of exhaustion, "5 more minutes,"Jojo requested.

 "No, we can see the docks from here!"Race said sternly. 

  At that comment Albert sat up, "docks?"He paused to think for a second,"Wait!you mean like Italy docks?" Race nodded awnsering the gingers question, as the fact they were in Italy sunk into Jojo and Albert's stomach their eyes widened, Race let out a chuckle and started towards the door.

"Now get dressed, NICELY," He made sure they heard him say nicely. Race stood by the railing taking the water as it sped by.

 "Those guards are very rude," Race turned around to see Jojo and Albert standing there in fancy clothes and their hair nicely done, Race couldn't help but let out a snort. 

"Hey! The whole fancy doesn't exactly fi-"Albert paused as Race gave him the 'are you sure about that' look, "Ok maybe it fits you more than us but still," He said defensively, Jojo agreed with Albert on that. As they neared the docks Race grew increasingly quiet and soon started figiting with his hands, Albert walked up and tapped His shoulder to grab his attention,

 "mhm? "He hummed as he turned his attention to Albert, only to see him holding an unlit cigar in between his middle and pointer fingers, "Thanks,"Race said.

 "I told you he would forget a cigar one day," Jojo commented as they left the boat and walked onto the docks of Italy. They were here, Race was home.