Chapter 6

The four friends were all exhausted, all their heads on the table of the library, nothing being spoken. The silence needed. The air still.

Haein was not given the privacy, and also couldn't sleep, hearing her dad say more hurtful things to her mom.

Wonpil couldn't sleep because of the uncomfortable bed and his phone going off, and the other people at the motel were getting high, the smells lingering over to his room even though the windows were closed.

Shieon hadn't been able to sleep, she was up trying to study while drowning out the lewd noises by listening to music, blasting in her ears.

Chan had spent most of his night talking with his mom about what Mr. Song said, thankfully his mom said no, knowing the stress it would put on him, and packing his room for the upcoming weekend.

The four were dozing off when the bell rung, startling them. It had only felt like seconds of rest they have gotten. They all rubbed their eyes, groaning, yawning, and rubbed their eyes, grabbing their bags.

"See you guys at lunch," Haein said softly.

"See you later," Shieon nodded.

"I just wanna eat and sleep," Chan says.

"I just feel like sleeping,"  Wonpil ran his hand through his hair. "Ugh I feel like puking, my head is spinning."

"I feel like I've been run over," Haein says as they leave the library. 

"Ugh I wish we could disappear," Shieon said, walking forward, bumping into someone.

"Watch it freak!" Sowon shoves Shieon, making her fall back and stumble. Wonpil quickly caught her.

"Why don't you shut your mouth and leave?" Wonpil said, his eyes darkening.

Sowon scoffed and stared at Shieon. "Jeez look at your eyes, they're baggy, have you even heard of makeup?"

"Have you ever heard of plastic surgery?" Shieon shot back, standing back up on her own, getting out of Wonpil's hold.

Though Wonpil resented Sowon, his eyes widened, surprised at the outburst, and insult from Shieon. Chan and Haein were surprised too.

Shieon was fuming, she was very close to snapping. Haein also had enough. 

"Don't you have somewhere to be Sowon?" Haein stepped in front of Shieon who practically ready to pounce Sowon and claw her eyes out.

"No not really," Sowon smiled, looking at her nails, then back at the four. "But anyways this got boring so I'll be going now." Flipping her hair to the side, she walked off.

"Ugh she's so annoying with her, 'I'm the best and prettiest girl here tone'," Haein huffed.

"Tell me about it," Shieon said. "I just wanna grab her by the hair and shove her into a fire."

"No violence please," Chan spoke up. "I don't like her either but no beating other people up."

"Unless they cross the line," Haein says. "I mean they did when they started bullying us, but at this point, they better watch their backs."