fifty nine | stars

I step into my apartment to find Jamie and Elijah talking to each other from across my kitchen counter. They both turn to me, their conversation halting.

Jamie's eyes trail over me then he turns back to Elijah, "Yeah, I get it. Bree is a solid four and a half, maybe five." There's a playful glint in his eyes as he waits for me to respond.

I glare and prowl closer, hoping my intense stare will intimidate him. "Excuse me?"

I stop right beside him, imagining putting him six feet under. He raises his eyebrows, his eyes analysing me. "Maybe a three up close."

My face turns red. "You're a dead man."

He steps closer. "Ooooh, scary ninja girl. What are you going to do? Beat me up again? I kissed you and you didn't even do anything. You like me too much to hurt me."

I grab two fistfuls of his shirt and shove him back against my kitchen cabinets. He groans and leans his head against the wooden door of the cabinet. His eyes trail down to my lips and then to Elijah. "Fuck, she must be really good in bed, right?" Jamie must notice something on Elijah's face, because his jaw practically drops. "You guys haven't . . ."

I let him go and quickly step back. "That's none of your concern."

He points at Elijah. "But you told me that you walked into her apartment and she was in her underwear on the bed with her legs spread apart. Why didn't you fuck her brains out?"

I spin and glare at Elijah. "You told him that?"

"Yes, he's my best friend." Elijah shrugs.

"Oh, so you just share everything with him?"

Jamie walks up besides Elijah. Both of them tall, much bigger than me. "Only if you're alright with it," Jamie teases.

Elijah rolls his eyes and shoved Jamie away. "Get out. I'll see you tomorrow."

Jamie chuckles and grabs his phone and belongings which he left lying on my living room table. "Have fun tonight." With that, he leaves.

"Why does he keep trying to insinuate that we're going to have sex?"

Elijah bites his lip to hide his smile and pulls out a long row of condoms from his pocket that unfolds, nearly touching the floor. "He came to me as soon as you went to the gym and gave me this, claiming he'll be my wing man to get me laid tonight."

I walk up to him and pull the row of condoms, tearing one packet off and slipping it into the pockets of my pants. "I'm going to shower. Then we'll go, alright?"

"Will you tell me where now?" His eyes don't leave my pocket.

I trail my hands down his hard chest. The memory of him shirtless and leaning back on my bed, waiting for me—watching me intensely—pops into my head.

"Nope," I sing, shutting the door to my bedroom.

•<•>•

We step up onto the rooftop. The air is chilled, but not frozen. Endless stars are spread across the sky.

"I'm resisting the urge to say that your smile is as bright as the moon and more beautiful than any of the stars in the night sky," Elijah admits.

"I'm glad, because you would have been left up here alone if you said something that cheesy."

"Oh, I'm the cheesy one?" He assess the setup I have done for him.

Tea light candles are places along the balconies edge and inside the small fountain that slowly trickles water. Layers of thick blankets lay in the centre of the tiled floor, surrounded by pillows—and three boxes of pizza.

"I figured that we are both sick and tired of the ocean and anything to do with marine biology. So watching the stars is a good alternative."

He turns to me. His eyes are filled with a tender love. "You . . ." He looks around the rooftop again, as if he can't believe what he is seeing. "You did all of this . . . for me. Nobody has ever—" He runs a hand over his face, shaking his head.

I step in front of him and take his hand in mine. A strange feeling forms in my chest, which makes my cheeks heat. I've never felt this way before, but I don't want it to end.

He seems to notice it; how close we are. His hand lifts to my cheek, brushing it gently. "I can never get over the idea that you're mine." His other hand slips around my waist and pulls me closer, hands caressing my dress.

His hands begin to roam any bare skin he can reach, enjoying that he can touch me. As if I might slip away and he won't get a chance to touch me again. The way he is looking at me makes me want to do unspeakable acts. My fingers tightly grip onto his shirt.

"I'm yours," I whisper in confirmation.

Those two words are all he needs before his lips are on mine. He kisses me with desperation, as if all of those years of waiting had lead to this force. "I love you," he whispers, over and over, whenever he gives himself the chance to catch a breath.

His hands roam my body again; explore me like it's all that matters. Those big hands, that could so easily rip delicate fabric of my small black dress right off . . .

Elijah's head dips, making my toes curl, as he works wonders with his lips against the sensitive areas of my neck.

If my life was a movie, this is the moment I would rewind and repeat. Over and over. I pull back, holding his face in my hands. He reaches to grip my wrists, wanting to push them away. The look in his eyes is vicious.

"Elijah," I say gently. My thumb brushes against his cheek. It does nothing to calm that deep, fiery desire that fills his eyes. "I love you. I . . . I really love you."

And I never understood it before. I said the words to him, but I never felt it. Not like this. Like my heart, and everything that I am, is being pulled towards him.

His kindness, his loyalty, his intelligence. I want him by my side forever.

I unzip the side of my dress, pushing the small spaghetti straps slip over my shoulder, and let it fall at my feet.

The air leaves Elijah's lungs. But he doesn't lunge at me, like I can see he wants to. He waits. His eyes roaming my body, drinking me in. Possibly so that he can rewind and replay this moment many times. Then his eyes meet mine, and I nod. I want this.

"Get on the blankets. Now." I follow his instructions, leaning my head back against one of the pillows. His fingers rush to unbutton his black button-up shirt, which he eventually rips off, not willing to waste a second.

He pulls off the rest of his clothes, until he is in nothing but his underwear. He glances towards the door that leads to the inside of the building.

"Are you sure nobody will come?" he asks.

I shake my head. "I locked it."

"Good, because I'm going to make you scream."

•<•>•

Something is coming ;)

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx