Chapter 22- Letting Go

Jessica's POV:

Walking out of April's room and leaving Adam felt somewhat good. I felt free for some reason- as if I was leaving something behind. I wiped my eyes though, well aware that tears were still there and not looking for April or Jordyn to ask any questions about what went down.

I could still remember the look he had on his face as I turned around- he was shocked, dumbfounded.

It wasn't all that.

I sighed, attempting to ignore the voice and opened the door to the basement, where Jordyn and April were playing on the Playstation.

"Dang Jess, where were you?" April said, looking up.

"Don't worry about it," I said, forcing a smirk, "Who's winning?"

"Somehow, I am." Jordyn chuckled, "It don't even make sense."

"I got next then." I pointed out, plopping down on the couch next to them. I watched as the two of them laughed and played 2K. I was laughing too- it just didn't feel genuine.

They'd be fine without you, you know.

Everyone would.

Yeah, the voice was probably right. Even Adam didn't chase after me like I had imagined or thought. If he really cared, wouldn't he come?

That's because he doesn't care.

You were just there for a while, until he found someone better to replace you.

You're nothing to him.

Did he really see me as nothing?

Did everyone really see me as nothing?

Adam's POV:

I was real confused as I leaned against April's dresser.

What the hell just happened?

I had so many questions about everything, but I couldn't wrap my head around why she was crying. Did something happen?

When she came for my neck about Emily, I didn't even know what to say. Being honest, I didn't even think she felt that way about me- enough to call out my girlfriend.

Speaking of which, I glanced down at my buzzing phone and saw her name pop up. I didn't feel like talking so I let it go to voicemail.

Letting out a large sigh, I put my phone in my pocket and walked back to my room.

This is why girls were messed up- I couldn't understand what was going through their minds. One minute, they're all over me- the next moment they despise me. It was all too confusing for me.

I don't even understand why she was so pressed about Emily though. It was clear she didn't like me back. That day, after we kissed, she acted so different and gave me the vibe that she didn't want me. Emily had already been on my phone before- we were already talking. Her dad worked with my mom so we saw each other quite often.

I knew Emily was into me, and I'll admit- she was bad as hell; but at the same time I was thinking about Jessica. I knew I didn't have anything confirmed, so I shot my shot. She blocked it though- hard. For some reason putting my sister in the middle of all this.

It was always about April.

The whole reason we even moved to Winnipeg was because of April. I was fine back home in Toronto. Every single thing in my life had to be fixated around April. Which is why having Emily made me feel special for once, because April didn't really have anything to do with her.

So, I couldn't bring myself to chase Jessica down once she stormed out. Maybe it was time for me to finally move on from that stupid kiss.

I glanced down at my phone as it buzzed and saw a couple texts from Emily.

Emily: some of us r going biking tday. U wanna come?

I quickly shot a text back, saying I'd be there. For the first time in a long time, I felt free. Letting go of Jessica might be one of the greatest thing that's happened to me since moving here.