Chapter 51: Past Case

When the concert ended, Su Qiuzi and He Yu went backstage. After receiving the water from his assistant, Xu Zhi had a smile plastered on his face when he noticed He Yu coming in.

Every singer possesses a unique aura. As such, when they appear on stage, sing, and dance in tandem, they create an unstoppable charm. But now when she saw that this best friend of her husband was smiling at them, it seemed to be another kind of charm. She was too charmed to look away for a while.

After exchanging pleasantries with He Yu, Xu Zhi cast his gaze on the girl who had only just openly confessed to her husband at the concert. When he looked over, the girl was still a little embarrassed and smiled shyly, standing sweetly beside her man.

He had met Su Qiuzi twice including this time, indeed this girl seemed to have a good personality. She was elegant yet straightforward in front of people, but she was also sweet and charming in person. He Yu was really fond of her, he had originally said that he was on a business trip abroad, but then he came back from just to accompany her at home.

Compared to the last time they met, the two looked a little more intimate and Xu Zhi was quite delighted to see his friend this happy. As he watched, Su Qiuzi and He Yu were whispering to each other. He Yu then asked him to give Su Qiuzi an autograph and a signed poster.

Xu Zhi agreed, handed the bottle of water to the assistant, then took the pen. When the first time Su Qiuzi witnessed Xu Zhi personally sign her name, though it was just a name, she was already overjoyed to see the three words “To Mrs. He” written out. However, this time she couldn’t resist and leaned over to Xu Zhi, bending down to watch him sign it.

Xu Zhi smiled at her as she came over and asked, “What do you want me to write?”

“Happy birthday to you,” Su Qiuzi stood at the heel and suggested with a smile.

Xu Zhi chuckled, looked up at He Yu and asked, “Is today your wife’s birthday?”

“Next month.” He Yu replied calmly.

Su Qiuzi was slightly stunned and looked up at her husband. Never did she expect that he would know her birthday, but thinking that he was the one who gave her her passport, he would have probably seen the DOB on her ID card. When she thought of this, she was even happier somehow.

Xu Zhi gave her an autograph and wrote the words she had requested. A happy Su Qiuzi took the poster, she was ecstatic even after looking at it countless times. He Yu stood aside, smiled at her, then said, “I’ll bring you over at the next concert.”

Su Qiuzi nodded her head like a pecking chicken. “Yes, yes yes.”

Next to her, Xu Zhi looked at the affectionate couple and said with a grin, “Don’t come, as I won’t give you guys free tickets.”

A puzzled Su Qiuzi then looked at her husband, who ruffled her hair, and said with a smile, “Don’t worry, we can buy tickets to come over because we have plenty of money.”

The few people laughed together.

By openly confessing their feelings at the concert, the two of them sort of created a trending topic at Xu Zhi’s concert. Someone from Xu Zhi’s team came over to ask if they could do marketing and PR on this topic. Xu Zhi simply turned to his friend for an opinion regarding this, while He Yu entirely looked at Su Qiuzi for her approval. The girl nodded in agreement and that same evening, the confession video dominated the trending charts.

As a host, Su Qiuzi was also a public figure, although she wasn’t going in the direction of entertainment and variety, she needed a certain amount of exposure and attention. And this exposure would leave a positive impact on her show and on her future career development.