Chapter 37 - A Husband, A Wife, And A Piano

The warmth of the milk tea seeped into her palms, slowly heating up Su Qiuzi. During that moment He Yu didn’t leave; instead, there was a soft touch on her lips. Su Qiuzi looked up at him and asked, “Are we going to fall in love now?”

“Yeah.” He Yu stared at her for a moment, entranced, then he smiled and murmured, “Will you?”

“Yes. We’re a married couple. We should have fallen in love from the start.” Su Qiuzi replied. After thinking for a moment, she looked at him again and earnestly said, “I will try to like you.”

He Yu smiled at her warmly. Then, he stood up and brushed away the Japanese creeper leaves in her hair to one side. “We still have a long time, so take it slow.” His tone was gentle and light, just like a while ago.

Then he took her hand and said, Let’s go home.”

By the time Su Qiuzi woke up on the next morning, He Yu was already awake. She opened her eyes and, in a daze, spotted the gauze curtain by the bedroom window fluttering in the wind. In front of it stood her husband, with the morning light shining over him as he stared at the sea in the distance, seemingly deep in thought. Wearing a pair of trousers and a shirt, he distractedly clasped the cufflinks on his left wrist.

Once he noticed that she was awake, He Yu glanced at her from the corner of his eyes. Su Qiuzi subconsciously closed her eyes, only to hear a hearty chuckle coming from the window. She didn’t open her eyes again, but she felt her husband’s approach the moment his breath touched her skin. The kiss he landed on her lips was particularly tender. Then, he leaned in and whispered in her ear, “I’m off to work.”

Although the young woman didn’t wake up, her earlobe turned a bit red. This did not escape He Yu’s notice. With a smile, he kissed her slightly warm earlobe, got up, then walked out of the room.

When the door closed, Su Qiuzi opened her eyes. Now she was the only one inside the room lit by the bright sunrise. She wasn’t wearing any clothes, and her mind quickly connected what happened last night to the encounter with He Yu a few moments ago. In a daze, Su Qiuzi hugged the quilt in her arms. It was a scene straight from a romance novel.

Last night, He Yu had helped her read the contract thoroughly, making sure there were no loopholes to be exploited. In the morning, Su Qiuzi headed to the White Stallion building, where Guan Lin waited for her. They entered the Pottery House and signed the contract under the notarization of a lawyer.

After signing the contract, Guan Lin talked to Su Qiuzi about the Pottery House’s finances and future planning. Guan Lin was usually scornful, but when it came to business matters, he was very serious. In terms of business, he had a set of ideas and he managed the Pottery House very well.

Once they were done with all the legal talk, Guan Lin seemed to be out of energy. He got up from the chair and stretched out, lengthening his waist. Guan Lin was in good shape, with slender limbs and a beautiful waistline.

He glanced at Su Qiuzi, who was looking over the Pottery House’s plans, then grabbed a nearby dart and threw it to the wall, hitting a bullseye. “Take it. We’ll see how it pans out.”

In fact, there was nothing to see, but this was Su Qiuzi’s first small career in her life and she felt satisfied when she looked at it. With a nod, Su Qiuzi put away the drawing and smiled at Guan Lin.

In his eyes, this female student looked better than yesterday. Her white skin had a tint of pink to it and her long black hair was neatly tied back, giving her a pure look. When matched with her fair skin, her brown eyes wrinkles like stars.

Because he looked back at her when aiming, Guan Lin missed his mark. He pursed his lips, suddenly feeling dull. Putting down the darts, he checked the time, then invited Su Qiuzi. “It’s time for lunch. Would you like to join me?”