Chapter 41: He Prioritized Her Over Work

He Yu took the souvenir from Su Qiuzi’s hands with his slender fingers and held the small bunny in his hand. He held the rabbit in the palm of his hand and, after whispering his thanks, he asked, “Where have you been lately?”

Su Qiuzi lowered her head to look at the rabbit and happily described to him her journey over the past few days. No matter the place she talked about, He Yu could say a few words along with it. Su Qiuzi was surprised until He Yu said, “My graduation trip from my master’s degree was here in Christchurch.”

The fact that he had brought her over wasn’t exactly to accompany him to work, but he also wanted her to have an unforgettable graduation trip. Su Qiuzi’s heart raced and her brown eyes reflected the fire as she laughed and said, “You’re too busy with work this time, or we could’ve been traveling together.”

She stood aside as He Yu looked up at her, smiled faintly, and said, “Come here.”

Su Qiuzi walked over obediently, allowing He Yu to hug her. Her husband’s crisp breath wrapped around her, along with his warmth. His breathing echoed in her ears, and Su Qiuzi’s earlobes gradually turned red.

“I’ve been too busy with work these past few days and didn’t have time to spend with you. I’m sorry.” He Yu whispered an apology.

Su Qiuzi came back to her senses. She didn’t have any complaints at all just now, so while she was being held by him, Su Qiuzi whispered, “You see, you also came over on your own the year you graduated and with you not accompanying me, we’re even.”

The moment she finished speaking, she heard her husband’s deep laughter. Su Qiuzi laughed as well. It was now past five o’clock in the afternoon and He Yu seemingly had no intention of leaving. Of course, Su Qiuzi was very happy about it, so she asked, “Don’t you have to work tonight? What about having dinner together?”

“Well,” He responded with a smile and loosened his embrace, looked down at her, and said, “The head of the project from New Zealand invited us to her house for dinner.”

The person who was responsible for this project from the other party was called Cherry, a 40 year old woman who was a strict and straightforward person. She would be the one heading this joint project between New Zealand and the He Family Group. At the end of today’s meeting, she invited the people responsible for this collaboration to join her for dinner at her home. Hearing that He Yu’s wife had come along with him to Christchurch,

She also invited Su Qiuzi to the get-together.

It was just a family dinner and the atmosphere was quite relaxed, but Su Qiuzi still had to prepare for it. Cherry’s family also lived in the town and the distance between their homes was no more than ten minutes. He Yu did not need to drive and they made their way to her house while they talked.

Although she had been travelling around Christchurch for a few days, it was the first time that Su Qiuzi would ever visit and interact with a New Zealand family and she was a little excited, as well as nervous.

Cherry was a career woman, with sharp eyebrows and a temperament that appeared to bring some sense of sterness. Nevertheless, she was actually a gentle and generous person in her private life and she greeted Su Qiuzi with a warm smile when she met her.

“Look, I know about you a little. The last time we visited the He Family on an inspection tour, Mr. He left after making his report and did not accompany us to dinner. He said his wife was unwell and that he had to return to look after you.”

Gu Yu, who came along with them, also remembered and laughed in Chinese with Su Qiuzi, “I remember that time too, He Yu left and dragged me there to have dinner in his place.”

Su Qiuzi still remembered that time when she was sick. She had a terrible fever and it was He Yu who carried her to the hospital that night, even accompanied her there till morning. On the next day, she was discharged from the hospital and went home, and in the afternoon, He Yu went home to take care of her. At that time, she and He Yu were still sort of strangers, but He Yu took care of her very well and that made him a very responsible husband.

Being addressed like this made Su Qiuzi feel a little embarrassed and, after apologizing with a smile, she glanced at He Yu. It was already a matter of the past and was only said in order to liven up the atmosphere, so He Yu was unconcerned and whispered to her that there was no need to be bothered with it. Both their words and actions were all affectionate, and some people also laughed along with them and entered the house.

This family banquet not only invited Su Qiuzi and He Yu, but also invited Gu Yu and Li Dong from the He Family Group. Although it had the style of a family banquet, the topic at the banquet still did not cease being about work. After the dinner, everyone continued to chat harmoniously in the living room. Su Qiuzi sat beside He Yu and listened quietly.