Chapter 9: Cultivate Feelings

As Zhu Meng finished recording the show, Su Qiuzi arrived at the office just in time to see Cai Jiayu coming out of producer Cao Tingping’s office. Seeing Su Qiuzi, Cai Jiayu was flustered and turned around before running away.

[T/N: Zhu Meng is Su Quizi’s senior in the TV station.]

Unsure of what was going on, Su Qiuzi returned to her office with a puzzled expression. Just as she sat down, Xie Jiagu spun around on the chair next to her and gossiped about the circumstances leading up to it.

The TV station welcomed two new interns this year, with both interns being led by their mentors. Su Qiuzi’s mentor was Zhu Meng, the host of Economic News, while Cai Jiayu’s mentor was Chen Ming, the host of TV’s ace variety show.

The two interns’ usual duties were to watch and learn while the mentor was recording the program, and to do some assistant work on the side.

Since Zhu Meng was the host of Economic News, no assistant host was needed, but Chen Ming’s show required one. Today’s show was recorded and Cai Jiayu kept making mistakes as an assistant host. Chen Ming had a good temper and didn’t say much about Cai Jiayu.

But who knew that producer Cao Tingping happened to be there today. When the show had just finished being recorded, he called Cai Jiayu to the office to give her a lesson.

The two interns had been at the station for more than a month, and the host of the same office had also gotten a feel for the character of the two girls. Su Qiuzi was competent, had a good personality and could speak fluently. Whereas Cai Jia Yu was capable and well spoken, but was just a bit pretentious. Her poorly tailored façade, which was okay for fooling around with students in school, was seen through at a glance in this society that was full of smart people.

Xie Jiagu had a bright personality and didn’t like Cai Jiayu at all, but he was rather fond of Su Qiuzi, with whom she was usually close. So a bit of everything would be babbled with Su Qiuzi.

Some time ago the TV station set the target, and next year there would only be one seat for the presenter, so the two interns secretly fought for the position. Originally, Su Qiuzi was more than capable, but because she was married, the higher ups were a bit hesitant about this and Xie Jiagu was also concerned in it.

But then, a professor from Chuanmei University personally sent a letter of recommendation and, as time went on, everyone could see that Cai Jiayu was a show-off person and Su Qiuzi was quite reliable.

“You’ll have to work hard. Don’t make any mistakes, then you should be able to get a straight transfer after graduation next year.” Xie Jiagu leaned on her chair and smirked.

Xie Jiagu was 30 years old, slightly chubby, with white skin and eyes that narrowed into slits when she smiled. She was particularly cute.

She was the host of a countryside variety show on the TV station. Xie Jiagu always looked like she didn’t want to get ahead, often talked about gossip and ate snacks in the office. She didn’t have to get much of a promotion either, because she came to work at the station purely to pass the time.

“Don’t be too proud of yourself, check this information out first.” While the two were chatting, Zhu Meng came over and handed a document to Su Qiuzi.

Su Qiuzi hurriedly took it, but Xie Jiagu raised her head and said to Zhu Meng: “Hey, don’t be too extreme. The quota for the next year, based on your ability, do you think your apprentice has a better chance of winning?”

As a news anchor, Zhu Meng always treated people very seriously and with integrity. Moreover, she also had a strong desire to win and lose. The internship competition was also considered the mentor’s ability to confront, so Zhu Meng would usually be very strict with Su Qiuzi.