Chapter 10

Danny

I waited for the next day just to see James, no for my answer. I don't even know why I am walking towards football ground. Am I really that stupid that I have to go behind him for that stupid answer but when I saw James smiling, my heart already gave me the answer. As soon as he saw me, he walked towards me...
"How was your day?"
"Great, so...my answer?"
"Let's go to forest".
"For what?"
"For your answer".
"My answer is walking in the forest?" I asked while lifting one of my eyebrows and he just smiled.
"No, not walking running actually and we have to catch him. So come fast" he held my hand and spark erupted in my body. My whole concentration was on our linked hands that I forgot we have reached.
"I can't see any answer" and removed my hand from his but soon missed his warmth.
"It is infront of you".
"Where?" I looked around and immediately...
"Here" a wolf was infront of me and screamed like never. Tried to call James but he just vanished and saw wolf coming towards me. I tripped and backed away from it. He just slowly walked to me like a hunter. I closed my eyes when he was just an inch from me, my heartbeat was high and I was sweating alot. As I was waiting for my death, someone licked me and saw wolf backing away from me. In next seconds, James was there instead of wolf and I was shocked, not able to comprehend what happened.
"Danny, look at me" he cupped my cheeks and I stared at his eyes.
"I'll explain everything" and nodded. Not able to speak anything after whatever I saw. He walked me towards his car and we both were silent. When we reached my house...
"I'll explain everything tomorrow, pls don't say anything to anyone" he looked deep into my eyes and it felt as if I was hypnotized by him. As he left I ran like flash to my room and sat in my bed revining all the details.

Whole night I was not able to sleep. 'Is James a wolf, then how can he be a human? Or is he both. What are these people call? W-w-werewolves. Yes, i have seen it in Twilight. But are they really real? Are there others like him?' while thinking about all these things I slept around 5am.
Next day, in school i was searching James or maybe my answers.
"What happened to you?" Kim tapped on my shoulder.
"Nothing, why?"
"You haven't slept. There are dark circles under your eyes".
"Just doing homework ".
"Really Danny?"
"Yes".
"Whatever you say" as we were talking I spot James with his gang and tried to attract his attention. After few minutes he looked at me and I motioned him to follow me. We both walked in janitors room...
"Now spill" put my hands on hips while facing him.
"I will. First, promise you will not shout or scream?"
"Hmm".
"Now sit" he ordered me and I just listened him like a pet. What has happened to me. Not the time for dominance Danny.
"Werewolf" i spoke.
"Yes"
"How can this be possible?"
"It is possible".
"There are others like you".
"Yes... In our school" i panicked.
"Shhh, don't scare. We are not bad, we will never harm you".
"W-why?"
"Because we don't, we have our own life and don't interfere with humans".
"Then why tell your secret to me?" I looked at him.
"That we'll talk later. Listen to me, my friends, my whole gang we all are werewolves. We all live in a pack".
"Y-your f-friends?"
"Yes".
"My god" i just stared aty hands and concentrated on things James just told me. 'But the most important thing is why am I not afraid or reacting like that? Why am I not running from him? He can harm me and still i am here why, why my heart is not afraid of him?' and I looked at James who was just staring me the whole time.
"C-can you show me...your w-wolf?" The most unexpected thing I have ever asked.
"Sure but relax and don't scream" I nodded and waited for him to change but this whole time I looked at him while changing. In few seconds a big brown wolf standing in front of me. He sat there and lowered his head, the bravest thing i could have ever done is walking towards him and roaming my hands on his fur. It was really soft, I nudged behind his ear and he purred. A smile came on my face and knew that James will never harm me.