EPISODE 11 : 1° C

Gist:

Ha-kyung sends Si-woo on an assignment to the Jeju island Typhoon Center. Si-woo clearly shows displeasures but then agrees with a smile. Meanwhile, Ki-jun tells Yu-jin not to leave for a "break," or it will be over between them. She sticks to her decision and leaves the apartment. Um Dong-han is happy to see his daughter Bo-mi at work while Um Dong-han's wife looks at a petition for a divorce. Later on, Bo-mi has an allergic reaction and collapses in the bathroom. She ends up at the hospital, and the wife berates Um Dong-han for giving their daughter processed meat at the cafeteria. Si-woo meets Ha-kyung, and she tells him they should try and make it work. However, the next day, Ha-kyung learns that Si-woo has left for Jeju island, and she's devastated. She blames Ki-jun for all this, she believes if it weren't for the wounds he created, she would not have sent Si-woo away.

Quotes:

When body temperature drops by 1° C, our body's immune system weakens by as much as 30 percent. This means that you become vulnerable to external attacks. The same goes for temperature between people. There are times when even the smallest  word or even the smallest expression can turn the temperature of our heart cold. And as soon as the temperature of our heart drops even by one degree, we can't help but become sensitive and vulnerable to all external environments.

You have his scientific brain too. You're the spitting image of your dad.

When we were together, you made me feel like I was less important than your work. And whenever I felt I was really less valuable than your work, I was upset. I also felt like an immature loser for getting upset over such a thing.

Studying was the easiest thing in the world. Because you get good grades when you know how to do it. But the weather and family, I have no idea what to do with them. There are no formulae or manuals, I don't know how to be a good dad. What do I have to do to become a good head of my household???

~Having such worries means that you're already a good father.

You have to work things out when you get married. Two people are raised by different sets of parents. They lived in two different worlds for years. How can they be hand-in-glove overnight? It'd be weird if they were.

A married couple isn't a union of two complete people. Two people have to come together and become one. That process is called married life. That's how a married couple becomes complete. Young people these days think of marriage as some kind of practical insurance. That's why they can't even start. Because they look at conditions and benefits first.

I want things to work out between us. Loving someone moderately, liking them moderately, and being moderately stable is what I like to do. When I go over that line, I become anxious. I feel like I'm a different person. So, I can only do it moderately. So you decide; think carefully about whether you can be with me in moderation or not and make a decision.

A senior forecaster once said this. "If you can't possibly understand the satellite image, try observing the flow of clouds from a distance."

You were the most unpredictable weather for me.

---------------------------##------------------------------