EPISODE 7 : OZONE WARNING

Gist:

After an uneasy conversation with Yu-jin, Ki-jun seeks sage advice. While looking for a place to crash, Si-woo finds someone else in need of a home.

Quotes:

The closer we are, the more disappointed we'll be. And that the wounds we'll inflict on each other will be deeper and more painful.

We want to be close but we're afraid of getting hurt. What is the optimal distance between us?

How can you get married if you can't rely on each other through tough times?

The moment you have faith, you gain courage. The courage that helps you walk through even a thorny path with your loved one.

Isn't it ironic? The ozone. When it's far away in the stratosphere, it's so beneficial but it's harmful when it's close to the surface of the earth.

~Because there's always an optimal distance for everything.

At least you can calculate the optimal distance between ozone and humans. Some distances are impossible to calculate.

~Like what? For example?

The optimal distance between people. You can't know it until you've dealt with the person.

~Hedgehogs get pricked countless times to find a suitable distance to stay together.

~It's a relationship where you can only get close by getting hurt.

What's the point of being able to smell the east wind when you can't even read your wife's mind?

I didn't struggle to pass the civil service exam to handle trivial calls like that.

~Listening to the complaints is uncomfortable. But did you know that there are so many people affected by an ozone warning? Truckdrivers whose livelihood are at stake, kids who can't go out to play and those who don't even know what an ozone warning is.

~If we didn't receive complaint calls, would we have known how our weather forecasts would affect whom, when and to what extent?

Crocodiles have no choice but to become handbags to come to the city.

How many more times do we have to stab each other to find the optimal distance between us?

---------------------------##------------------------------