Miss Fiesty

I jumped from the moving car and quickened my steps towards the studio. It was locked! Fuck you, Al. I was angry and tried to peep in from the windows to see if anyone was inside. I banged the door but it didn't open.

Daniel suggested to return to the hotel but I didn't want to take a chance. What if I missed catching her? I sat in the car, parked it near her studio and closed my eyes. It was going to be a long night. What will be our first reactions on seeing each other? Will she run and kiss me or run away from me? I will hold her tightly and never let her go. The three years I spent without her were like exile for me. Dear Sun, wake up early, please.

Daniel knocked on the window of the car to wake me up and I checked the time. It was 11 in the morning. Fuck! The jet lag. I drank water and gargled with the remaining. I didn't want to smell bad when we kiss. I exhaled heavily before entering the studio.
Fuck! The breathtaking view my eyes witnessed raised the beats of my heart like tsunami.

"I like your eyes you look away when you pretend not to care
I like the dimples on the corners of the smile that you wear
I like you more, the world may know but don't be scared
'Cause I'm falling deeper, baby be prepared
I like your shirt, I like your fingers, love the way that you smell
To be your favorite jacket, just so I could always be near
I loved you for so long, sometimes it's hard to bear
But after all this time, I hope you wait and see

Love you every minute, every second
Love you everywhere and any moment
Always and forever I know I can't quit you
'Cause baby you're the one, I don't know how
Love you 'til the last of snow disappears
Love you 'til a rainy day becomes clear
Never knew a love like this, now I can't let go
I'm in love with you, and now you know"

"Al," I merely whispered but the girl who was dancing, singing and painting at the same time in an aqua coloured sundress, stopped all her activities. I knew the song was for me and I felt treasured. She still loved me. She didn't turn but I could see her in the mirror. Her eyes were shut tightly and her chest was rising up and down. I crossed the fifteen steps gap between us in a second and hugged her from behind.

My heart started to beat in sync with hers instantly. If I had to name my biggest victory, it was this moment when I had the world in my arms, my Al.

Her hand almost reached mine when someone hit my legs vigorously. I looked down to see the cause of the interruption. A small boy was looking at me with anger. "Move away from mommy."

How victory turns to defeat, and how earth shatters from beneath your feet, I understood then. Al had a child? Could that be mine? Huh! What was I thinking? We didn't even have sex. My voice could not connect to my vocal cords.

Al picked up the baby and cooed him. He smiled immediately while I was just watching them like an audience.
"Kenny!" The baby shouted and clapped his hands bringing me back to the shattered earth.
"Mommy, Kenny. Wow! Clap, clap." The boy excitedly asked Al to clap her hands and she did. Al tried to force a smile but looked like she was caught red-handed.

The boy flapped his hands gesturing me to hold him.
No way!
Like I had a choice? He jumped on me and I had to catch him so that he doesn't fall. He kissed my cheek and astonishingly it felt good. "No fear-Shesh-here."

My lips automatically twitched upwards when the boy mimicked my famous dialogue in his infantile voice. It was cute but I didn't like the air I was breathing. It smelt of betrayal. Al took the baby from my arms and our fingers brushed against each other. The current flowed like thunder and our eyes met. An ocean of feelings streamed in our eyes.

"Jimmy, just finish that card you were making so that you can give it to him before he leaves. Come on, hurry up!" Al bribed the boy, Jimmy and he ran away to a small table kept in the corner.