Jason sat on the floor, trying to get Carmen to chase him around. I smiled widely as she broke out into a fit of giggles, jumping onto him as he fell back slowly. Shaking my head, I went to the kitchen and grabbed eggs, and a few other ingredients to make an omelet.

"You talked to Lola?" Jason asked.

"She's on a vacation with her fiancée," I said, grinning.

"Hard to believe that Lola is getting married," he chuckled.

"Not that hard to believe. She just needed to find the right one, and luckily she did. I'm happy for her."

"So am I. She deserved it."

I grabbed a plate, putting the omelet on it then began making another one.

"Daddy!" Carmen yelled, stumbling towards Carter's legs.

"Hey there, princess," he smiled, picking her up and kissing all over her face.

She giggled before moving her head to his neck, and poking at his chest.

Carter moved an arm around my waist, kissing my temple then my cheek. I smiled at him, pecking his lips then putting another omelet on the plate.

"You finished all your paperwork to be able to work from home?" I asked him, turning off the stove.

"I have a little bit left, then I'll be done."

"That's what you were up all night doing, wasn't it?"

"Maybe," he mumbled.

"Carter, your rest is important. We've talked about this."

"I know, baby. But after I'm done with this work, then all my attention goes to you and Carmen, okay?"

I nodded my head, placing his plate in front of him.

"Now, you eat your food while I take my baby," I said with a smile, taking Carmen into my arms.

She yawned quietly, moving her head to my chest. I sat on the couch and leaned back, rubbing her back, rocking back and forth slightly. Kissing the side of her head, I laid my head back and continued rubbing her back.

Carter caught my eye when he was gazing at us with a smile. I smiled back, blowing him a kiss. Carmen began to blow out gentle snores, clutching onto my shirt with. I slowly stood up and went up the stairs, going to her bedroom.

I kissed her forehead then gently placed her down into her bed, pulling her blanket over her, but not all the way. She rubbed her nose and I handed her the small plushie we got her, letting her snuggle into it.

I walked out, keeping the door open then headed back downstairs. Jason was munching on an apple and Carter was washing dishes.

I walked towards Carter and wrapped my arms around him from behind, resting my head on his back.

"I'm guessing baby red is asleep?" He asked, turning off the water.

"Yep, she's down for the count."

Carter dried off his hands then turned around,  bringing his arms around my waist. I looked up at him and pecked his lips, and he smiled doing the same. He then kissed my forehead, patting my butt.