chapter-15 Stroll along the Seine

Kiarra's POV

The cab driver announced,

"Ma'am, we are about to reach River Seine. It will take only 15 minutes more."

"Yeah okay." I replied.

I don't know why, but I was shaking at this point. I guess Laura sensed my agitation because she consoled me,

"Calm down, Kiarra. Don't get nervous. Everything will be fine and we will find the real culprit."

My mind wandered back to my best friend Jessie. She was there in London, in Charing Cross. I duly hoped that she is doing fine and everything else is alright there. I took out my phone to call her, but my phone went dead. It had all started with her unusual behavior at a common hanging out place, and it reached the river Seine, in Paris. Switching between countries, but I still haven't figured out what exactly is this case about. It was all such a mess inside my head. If only I knew.....

Starting from love is the real reason behind all this to some terrible incidents, then going from fire breakdown to 'ROM' and my father getting involved in all this, two murders, and now this life-changing secret in Paris, river Seine, the most beautiful river I have ever dreamed of to witness in real life. Here I was, today with Laura, going to take a stroll along the river. I couldn't help but feel an unknown rush of happiness and excitement in my heart when the can driver cut down my thoughts,

"Ma'am, we are almost there. 5 minutes more."

Tiarra's POV

I went to her and waved,

"Uh, hello? Mrs. Copperfield, nice to meet you! and you are here for?"

"Hey! Young lady, nice to meet you too. You are?" She asked sweetly, totally ignoring my question.

"Uh, I am Tiarra. I guess I asked you a question before." I repeated with a smile.

It is my job to investigate every person entering Jessie's house. In my point of view, Jessie is surely still not safe. I know that Kiarra thinks that there is still not someone behind Jessie, but something else. I think that the person is still behind Jessie. All the other things which had happened are there to confuse me and Kiarra, nothing else. I tried calling Kiarra before, but her phone was switched off.

She gave me a charming smile and uttered politely,

"I am Mrs. Copperfield, as I had already informed. I am a representative from HBT designer home company."

"HBT designer home company? I think I have heard this name before." I remarked.

"Of course, you must have heard. It is one the famous companies based on designing homes and their structures, furniture, and all that." She said with a small smile.

Dan was about to say something, but I spoke up before.

"Oh well, so what brings you here to Jessie's house?"

"We are having a local competition in Charing Cross. In the competition, we are going through every house in this city and analyzing its basic design structure, including the furniture and rooms, so I have been told to check your house and for this purpose, winners will be announced next week" She explained with a broad smile, her eyes gleaming.

"What will the winner get?" I got straight to the point.

"Winners will get free furniture and a trip to Andaman and Nicobar Islands."

"Oh wow, I have always wanted to go to the Andaman." Dan said from behind.

"Mrs. Copperfield, your company card?" I inquired.