Chapter 7: Negative Nostalgia

Start from the beginning

'Kay, I'm just being dramatic at this point.

"Your words aren't the only thing that's gonna convince me, Chimmy"
"Mina..I-

"No, you need to get that through your head that everything's not your fault. Why do you keep blaming yourself for literally everything? It isn't you Jimin, I swear"

"I didn't exactly blamed myself, you know. I was just...uh what do you call it.. ahem-" I blinked, stuttering at my words.

"Chim, stop defending that you were hating yourself. You're saying these extreme dark circles on your eyes are just because of the design?" Mina shoo her head desperately.

"But that's a good thing" I chuckled sheepishly as if that was great.

"Debating with you is hard seriously. I'll stop right there, but doesn't mean I won't bring this up. This guy seems a jerk already, thank god he isn't ready for this marriage"

"That's it. Why are you blaming him all of a sudden? He did nothing wrong, Mina. And talking about that..well he didn't reject this either"
"What now?" She grasped.

"Yeah, he- well I called him later at night there he mentioned..he isn't going to reject this. The marriage isn't any time sooner. We'll just take time getting to know eachother. That's for the best of us" 

"Woah...that still does not makes me satisfied about his personality though" She frowned.
"Ugh, you are just making me mad at this point, Min. He isn't bad, I assure you. Moreover, I think he's one adorable kind"

"We'll see. Wait..what about his kid? Did he mention them? Wait how many were they?"

"One..just one. It's a girl. Her name's Yeji as long as I know. I wanted to meet her but couldn't because he didn't brought her with him"

"If he has a child and you're probably gonna be his husband..you better bond with that girl. She of course, must be important to him. Which is I think why, he wasn't ready..is it?" I nodded.

"He showed me pictures of her though, she looks so cute! She has these dimples exactly like Namjoon which are adorable. Her eyes are kinda like him too! So pretty!" Mina giggled, shaking her head.

"Christ... will you calm down, Chim? You didn't even met the guy for two days but you've already started falling for his daughter?"

"Hey! It's not like I totally didn't knew him. I've did my research. He's literally a famous company owner. And Yeji is my potential daughter, isn't she? What's wrong with it?"

"Wow.. it's really not that hard getting compliments from you. That's the spirit. Compliment yourself more, honey. It'll work with your self confidence which you lack"

"If only you weren't my best friend, I'll kill you for stabbing me with insults"

"Oh please, you know you love me. Jokes aside, I wasn't lying about it, Jimin-ah. I know I'm back at it again, but learn to love yourself more, alright?"

"It's always easy saying it out loud, Mina. I love smiling, love giving people hope..but when it's about self confidence..I'm not really good at it. I can't fix it..I was self confident years ago, something made me this way" I smiled halfheartedly.

"Aw Jimin-ah.." Mina engulfed me in a hug. I snuggled my face into her hair. At least, I have my best friend.

"Why is it so hard, Min? I don't want to hate myself..bu-but every time I'll think about it... I-I get horrible flashbacks from it.. it-it's so hard dealing wi-with it.." I cried, stuttering in my words. flashbacks from it.. it-it's so hard dealing wi-with it.." I cried, stuttering in my words.