Chapter 5: Confession

Namjoon's Pov

Today was an eventful day, to say the least. I mean, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the day except the last part. Now, that was something totally unexpected.

In the car, the three of us got seated, I was driving to my parent's house to drop them off. They took an Uber on their way here and apparently they don't want to take another now. Money Shortage? I don't think, I should be making these assumptions about my dad, who originally owns my own company. I was just promoted to the CEO job because of obvious reasons, if you ask. [Can you even get promoted to the CEO state? Idk, bear with me]

"So, Joon-ah how did you like Jimin? He's beautiful, right?" Appa asked suddenly asked, breaking the awkward silence.
"He's so adorable..very humble and your type. You guys already look great together" Eomma added.

"You both didn't said anything about arranged marriage" I said. Both of them were shocked to know that I'm aware of their doing.
"Ah, about that, I thought we'll-

"Eomma, you can't just fix my marriage to anyone like that! I'm a grown man!" I yelled frustratedly.

"Joon-ah, I know we should've said something about that earlier but I think you noticed that Jimin belongs from a well known family. They have a great reputation all over Seoul. Which will be beneficial for you and your business too, among other things" Appa spoke.

"It's all about the fame, isn't it?" I sarcastically laughed. Eomma shook her head.
"Namjoon..I know you may think we're doing this for business but it's mostly for your own self. We've seen how you were, you've improved but it isn't limited.  Everyone needs a partner in their life. You shouldn't be hopeless. You liked Jimin, didn't you?"

"What if I didn't? What is the surety that Jimin won't break my heart? And what if he doesn't goes along with my friends and lifestyle? Have you guys thought about that?"

"You think we set you up with just any stranger? Of course not, we did a background check on him. Jimin really is nice. He's a family guy, dear"

"And we didn't said the wedding is in two days. Take some time out of your daily routine and get to know him. You'll see how he really is" Eomma said

"I-I got it..but it's gonna take time and I need you guys to be patient with me"
"Of course, son. We understand that. We'll always support you no matter what" I nodded at their words.

They're right, I get it. They were wrong for setting this thing up without telling me, but let's be honest without this forcing I, myself; know I would've never made a first move.

Jimin isn't a bad guy, I just met him but I don't know why I feel something that makes me wanna give him a chance and go with the flow.  It's been a while since I felt this way after him.
I never thought I'll get over those moments.
It was hard for me.. took me 3 fucking years to be who I am today. All I have now, is my precious little Yeji. She's basically the reason I'm alive. I'm mostly doing this for her. And maybe myself too?

I dropped my parents in their home and now the last thing to do is picking Yeji up.

Arriving at Lisa's mansion, I felt like I'm fucking poor. Her mansion was gigantic and huge. Seriously, I'm a business owner still I don't own a mansion like this...first it was Jimin's two story house and now this? I really should change into one of these. But the thing is, I feel like that would be very unnecessary, exactly what Yeji says. Like, we're two people living, of course we don't need an entire mansion. What will we do with the excess rooms? I don't like bragging about my mansion either. That do not come in my personality.