Aang vs Korra: Fight

Forgiveness, despite the sentiment, can sometimes be the hardest person to forgive. Accepting yourself is more arduous, whether it's from redeeming a close friend or adamant enemies. It takes more than just a simple call to action to fix what could potentially be years of regret. Korra probably knew that better than anyone else.

She should feel on top of the world. After all, she defeated the Great "Uniter" Kuvira, recovered her Avatar spirit in Raava, and is enjoying a well-deserved vacation with her "partner" Asami. Yet there's still a part of her, a small piece that is still looking back, still regretting what could have been. Almost like something was calling her. And if she was ever going to truly embrace this new chapter in her life, challenges and all, she had to grapple with another ghost from her path. Put some demons to rest.

So at "night," Korra decided to give a subtle kiss to Asami goodbye before setting out on her journey. Eventually, she reached the spirit portal of Republic City. However, this was much less a final destination and more of a shortcut. She was still unsure if this plan could even work, but as a former adversary once stated. The Avatar should be someone with no limits.

Through Raava and her newfound resolve, Korra went through the portal using her returned Avatar State. However, instead of returning home, Korra started to bend the spiritual energy surrounding her, rearranging her course till she beamed down to her destination: The Tree of Time. The sight of her greatest failure, the time she lost her connection to the Avatar Cycle forever.

Still stumbling over the near-unprecedented feat, it took some time before she got her bearings again. Her current sight didn't help at all, though. Just looking at the giant structure flooded her memories back towards Harmonic Convergence, a time when she felt more alone than ever. If she were a little stronger, a little bit faster, then maybe-.

She immediately shrugged off those thoughts. She didn't come here to stew in what-ifs. She came here to make amends and answer the call. Deciding to forge ahead, Korra eventually went back inside the Tree, hoping to find some answer. Unfortunately, Korra forgot to account for one essential thing. It may have been over three years since Harmonic Convergence, but the effects it's had are still fresh in a cosmic sense. Especially the excess cosmic energy that was still present in the area.

The minute that Korra touched the tree, that power started to flood back her, pushing her away as if she was shocked. With her now antsy, hurt, and anxious, she poured all her frustration into one word.

"OW," she said plainly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," a gentle voice said with an outstretched hand.

Noticing she now had an audience, Korra immediately backed up to a sight that left her speechless. Against all odds, the young woman now faced a living legend, the man who ended the hundred-year war, the founder of Airbender Island, and the father to her most sacred mentor, the Last Airbender: Avatar Aang.

Though a little smaller than she imagined. What replaced the adult she usually saw was now a young preteen. The image threw her off immensely, but the demeanor was very much the same, making her more nervous.

"Oh my God, Aang, how is it possible, how is this-."